Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

43 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Thread derailed by the right wing junta posting twaddle that needed rebuttal. 

A bit harsh as I would have posted the same thing if our current government was labour. My original post 448 makes no reference to party politics. 

No intention to derail anything, plenty of people agreed with the sentiment. Maybe just posted on the wrong thread. 

Lets move on and toast Mr Trump!

942202D6-1C00-4D03-A074-75D7E5EF386A.jpeg

• Greenie 1

On 27/04/2020 at 16:01, MHS said:

A message to all our Negative UK Press -  including Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC, Robert Peston of ITV, Beth Rigby of Sky, Piers Morgan of ITV, BBC News in general and all the other negative UK press.

Journalism is missing the "mood" in this great country of ours - the United Kingdom. We do not want or need blame. We do not want constant criticism of our Government who are doing their very best in a very difficult and unprecedented global emergency.

We want and need a constructive contribution to the national effort to help us out of this crisis. We need hope, optimism and faith, with less negativity and more positive support from these journalists. It is time you all changed your negative and political rhetoric for the health of this nation and start supporting our Government.

??????????????

Let's get this message VIRAL and they might just take note.

Journalists are quite correct to quiz the politicians, that is there role.

OK, they are not heaping praise on the strategy so far, and yes it is easy to criticise, but you can see we are only now being shown the very real , sad , statistics of deaths in care homes, something which would have been predictable, as most care homes cram old and frail people together. The staff are well meaning, but not trained to full hygiene practices and disease control. Add to this they have not been instructed to wear appropriate  PPE, we know from the media that there is not enough PPE.    Advising people to make best use of PPE is a pragmatic solution, it is not an ideal solution. 

The Government should have taken action four years ago to effect recommendations following the "pandemic exercise". The UK government is culpable, it has obfuscated. 

• Greenie 1

49 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Journalists are quite correct to quiz the politicians, that is there role.

OK, they are not heaping praise on the strategy so far, and yes it is easy to criticise, but you can see we are only now being shown the very real , sad , statistics of deaths in care homes, something which would have been predictable, as most care homes cram old and frail people together. The staff are well meaning, but not trained to full hygiene practices and disease control. Add to this they have not been instructed to wear appropriate  PPE, we know from the media that there is not enough PPE.    Advising people to make best use of PPE is a pragmatic solution, it is not an ideal solution. 

The Government should have taken action four years ago to effect recommendations following the "pandemic exercise". The UK government is culpable, it has obfuscated. 

Many care home staff are single handedly doing great work. If only gloves were supplied in pairs...

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Many care home staff are single handedly doing great work. If only gloves were supplied in pairs...

They are available in 100's.

In the care home my Mother was in there was always a box of 100 on the 'service trolley', in hospitals there tends to be a dispenser on the wall in each room / ward which is full of boxes of 100, normally 3 boxes (small, medium and large)

Issuing them in pairs would mean a lot more walking about (wasted time) to go and get another pair from 'stores' each time you went to a new patient.

I take it you are not 'talking from a position of knowledge'.

12 minutes ago, Athy said:

I took it that Jim was 'talking from a position of humour'.

I assume you have read his previous posts on the subject.

Stating that the Government are 'fudging the figures' by stating they have delivered (say) 1,000,000 gloves instead of saying they have delivered 500,000 pairs of gloves.

Anyone with any knowledge of PPE knows that the disposable gloves are sold in boxes of ~100, & they are issued to wards in boxes of ~100.

They would be 'requisitioned' as X box's , not 50 pairs.

He is just trying to politicise the thread.

33 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Stating that the Government are 'fudging the figures' by stating they have delivered (say) 1,000,000 gloves instead of saying they have delivered 500,000 pairs of gloves.

Anyone with any knowledge of PPE knows that the disposable gloves are sold in boxes of ~100, & they are issued to wards in boxes of ~100.

So why not say x boxes of gloves. Oops silly me, that's a far smaller number. Doesn't help the BS factor. 

Edited by Jim Riley

2 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

In which case an "item" would be a box of 100 gloves ...

• Greenie 1

15 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

So what must I burn down to stop this plan for world domination? And who are ‘they’?

They are everywhere and ubiquitous. Best stay home and tape up all the gaps.