Post your COVID 19 memes

bagginz

Featured Posts

19 hours ago, MHS said:

A message to all our Negative UK Press -  including Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC, Robert Peston of ITV, Beth Rigby of Sky, Piers Morgan of ITV, BBC News in general and all the other negative UK press.

Journalism is missing the "mood" in this great country of ours - the United Kingdom. We do not want or need blame. We do not want constant criticism of our Government who are doing their very best in a very difficult and unprecedented global emergency.

We want and need a constructive contribution to the national effort to help us out of this crisis. We need hope, optimism and faith, with less negativity and more positive support from these journalists. It is time you all changed your negative and political rhetoric for the health of this nation and start supporting our Government.

??????????????

Let's get this message VIRAL and they might just take note.

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-52440641

19 hours ago, MHS said:

A message to all our Negative UK Press -  including Laura Kuenssberg of the BBC, Robert Peston of ITV, Beth Rigby of Sky, Piers Morgan of ITV, BBC News in general and all the other negative UK press.

Journalism is missing the "mood" in this great country of ours - the United Kingdom. We do not want or need blame. We do not want constant criticism of our Government who are doing their very best in a very difficult and unprecedented global emergency.

We want and need a constructive contribution to the national effort to help us out of this crisis. We need hope, optimism and faith, with less negativity and more positive support from these journalists. It is time you all changed your negative and political rhetoric for the health of this nation and start supporting our Government.

??????????????

Let's get this message VIRAL and they might just take note.

You do understand that without journalists holding the government to account, the PPE shortages would have gone unmentioned, and nothing at all would have been done about it.  Even more people would have died, possible forum members or their relatives.  You do understand that surely?

Also, questioning the government's motives and actions is literally the job of a political journalist.

You're welcome to change the channel and watch the teletubbies is it's all a bit much for you. (Or perhaps move to North Korea where the press is suitably sycophantic)

Edited by doratheexplorer
  • Greenie 2

19 minutes ago, doratheexplorer said:

You do understand that without journalists holding the government to account, the PPE shortages would have gone unmentioned, and nothing at all would have been done about it.  Even more people would have died, possible forum members or their relatives.  You do understand that surely?

Also, questioning the government's motives and actions is literally the job of a political journalist.

You're welcome to change the channel and watch the teletubbies is it's all a bit much for you. (Or perhaps move to North Korea where the press is suitably sycophantic)

It is amusing that MHS includes Laura Kuenssberg in his list of anti government persons, when many consider her to be an unofficial spokesperson for the Tory party.

4 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

It is amusing that MHS includes Laura Kuenssberg in his list of anti government persons, when many consider her to be an unofficial spokesperson for the Tory party.

His list?  He just copied and pasted it from a 'sycophants r us' page on social media.

It's also not a meme, so this wasn't the place to post it.

1 hour ago, doratheexplorer said:

I perfectly accept that our government has made plenty of mistakes. So have all the other governments around the world. Of course they should be open to scrutiny.

Many countries including ours have run short of PPE and maybe should have been better prepared. The world would be a better place with hindsight. We would know in advance what virus was coming and have all the correct equipment in place for it’s arrival. Many of my family members have dedicated their lives to the medical professions and sadly there’s never been enough money or resources for everything. 

No it’s not my list, I copied & pasted it and never said otherwise. 

Ps I’d love to have seen Jeremy or Keir do much better or even see the journalists try and run a country!

29 minutes ago, MHS said:

I’d love to have seen Jeremy or Keir do much better or even see the journalists try and run a country!

Classic Whataboutery

Torys are running it.

Torys will have to sort it out

Torys will get the flak when they mess it up.

All the others can do is point out the Torys mistakes.

Edited by Loddon
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Classic Whataboutery

Torys are running it.

Torys will have to sort it out

Torys will get the flak when they mess it up.

All the others can do is point out the Torys mistakes.

Yes, it’s a lot easier to be in opposition. 

95465F61-DB96-428B-BDF5-55C603732108.jpeg

Edited by MHS
  • Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, MHS said:

Yes, it’s a lot easier to be in opposition. 

95465F61-DB96-428B-BDF5-55C603732108.jpeg

It’s also very easy to be smug and over confident when in power. The link I posted earlier about how the government was told what it lacked in the way of PPE and yet still did nothing, and additionally seems to have lost a lot of equipment ( and also won’t say where it’s gone) illustrates the other side of the coin. As Loddon has pointed out, the Tories are in power, no one else, and they have been the government since 2010. At some point it would be refreshing if they admit it’s their fault.

• Greenie 1

Latest "truth" issued, they have shipped a large number of items of ppe out around the country. Guess what, they don't count gloves in pairs, but singly, so inflating the number of items to "boast about". 

Also turns out that the renowned widely acclaimed stockpile of emergency kit for a pandemic had no gloves, gowns or masks. Just who believes these pronouncements?

Over to the hmg apologists...

Will I now get smacked legs for questioning the situation?

• Greenie 2

4 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Will I now get smacked legs for questioning the situation?

No. Your comments, though they might be viewed as cynical by some, are within the forum's guidelines.

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

Medical gloves don't come in pairs, they are supplied in boxes of lots of single gloves.

... And we have a lot of unidexterous nhs staff? 

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

No. Your comments, though they might be viewed as cynical by some, are within the forum's guidelines.

Aw, I thought you might turn up in your Miss Whiplash outfit to administer it. ? I live in hope. 

4 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Medical gloves don't come in pairs, they are supplied in boxes of lots of single gloves.

Correct, but they are actually supplied by 'weight' amounting to approximately 100 gloves.

10 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Guess what, they don't count gloves in pairs, but singly, so inflating the number of items to "boast about". 

20200428_152437.jpg

12 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

Aw, I thought you might turn up in your Miss Whiplash outfit to administer it. ? I live in hope. 

Not allowed to travel that far at the moment, I'm afraid. Better luck next time.

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Absolutely correct....but most people talk about pairs of gloves, and I suspect, but don’t know, that it’s good practice to change ppe gloves in pairs?

7 minutes ago, Stilllearning said:

Absolutely correct....but most people talk about pairs of gloves, and I suspect, but don’t know, that it’s good practice to change ppe gloves in pairs?

The people using the gloves are 'aware' of what they are getting, it is irrelevant what 'most people' talk about.

The gloves supplied are not 'paired' (there is not left hand / right hand) both hands are the same - therefore supplying 100 pairs is not needed, a description of 100 gloves is sufficient.

9 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The people using the gloves are 'aware' of what they are getting, it is irrelevant what 'most people' talk about.

The gloves supplied are not 'paired' (there is not left hand / right hand) both hands are the same - therefore supplying 100 pairs is not needed, a description of 100 gloves is sufficient.

However, it's "most people" hmg are touting their wares to, how about "enough gloves for x people". That wouldn't be deliberately misleading. 

Another point, "Following the lead of the Sage panel" We all know Dominic and his acolyte are in there very vocally throwing their weight about. Why, if it's not to influence matters in his government's favour, not the countries. People would be reassured if the scientists were names and the minutes published. 

1 hour ago, Rob-M said:

Matt Poppycock is still straining every sinew and exasperating(sic) every avenue to order the elusive left handed ones.....

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1