Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
doratheexplorer

This is my lockdown. Tell me yours.

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

Day 59

Canopy cleaning day.

20200523-115740.jpg

20200523-115816.jpg

20200523-134945.jpg

We would struggle to do anything like that today, the wind here would likely lift and toss those sections over the fence. 

Your weather today is obviously much better than ours! It is like winter up here - strong winds, cold and wet. If we were on the boat it would be a case of light the fire, fill a glass and get a book out

haggis

Edited by haggis

It is windy here but our garden is quite sheltered from the wind with the high walls. 

It was a different story on the drive when we were jet washing them 😀

22 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

He and I are on the same wavelength. What I find astonishing is that regardless of MY rights, surely HE has a right to expect his employees to comply with his direct instructions and not disregard them as soon as he's not looking. It's a company which prides itself on a "happy family" sort of environment and asserting authority with a disciplinary stick is so far unheard of.

he has a duty to protect you and should have issued 1) a recorded (as in written down in his diary) verbal warning on the first instance and 2) a written warning that should make it clear that any repetition will result in instant dismissal. 

of course if he values the foreman (and has failed to issue him with a warning) and the goodwill of the customers more than he values your safety, and if you are not prepared to report the matter to the HSE then you have 2 choices - shut up or get out.

1 minute ago, Naughty Cal said:

It is windy here but our garden is quite sheltered from the wind with the high walls. 

It was a different story on the drive when we were jet washing them 😀

are you sure it isn't a prison exercise compound?  (not that I have personally visited one.  :rolleyes: )

that's what comes of speeding.

• Haha 1

We like our little prison yard. Nice and private and safe for Sydney. And it's a great sun trap.

Other than the one bathroom window from next door it isn't overlooked at all. Not often you find that with a new build estate.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, Naughty Cal said:

Day 59

Canopy cleaning day.

20200523-134945.jpg

If you had brought the frame too, you could have made a tent to sleep in so you felt like you were on the boat :D

Edited by TheBiscuits
  • Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

Day 60

We were not happy with results of scrubbing the hoods yesterday, a few bits had not come up as good as they could have so we washed them again first thing this morning. 

While they were drying we took Sydney for a walk around Langold country park. 

Then we have applied a very liberal coat of Fabsil Gold this afternoon. Just waiting for that to dry properly,  then they will be packed away into the car ready to go back on the boat tomorrow morning. 

20200524-112637.jpg

20200524-114750.jpg

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Day 60

We were not happy with results of scrubbing the hoods yesterday, a few bits had not come up as good as they could have so we washed them again first thing this morning. 

While they were drying we took Sydney for a walk around Langold country park. 

Then we have applied a very liberal coat of Fabsil Gold this afternoon. Just waiting for that to dry properly,  then they will be packed away into the car ready to go back on the boat tomorrow morning. 

20200524-112637.jpg

20200524-114750.jpg

I take it you know your phone number and address is on the dogs collar and can be seen in the photo.

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I hadn't noticed but it isn't a problem. 

Ooooooooooohh its ya data dont ya know!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Ooooooooooohh its ya data dont ya know!!

Nothing that anyone who wants it couldn't find ont tinternet anyway if they wanted it.

• Greenie 1

Day 61

Canopies are back on the boat and the sterndrive is stripped down  ready for the new parts arriving hopefully this week. 

20200525-141519.jpg

Time to polish and antifoul next weekend if this weather holds out.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Mike Jordan said:

With a nod to Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

Or Roger Hargreaves :D

41r8aVI-+UL._SY481_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I just got a video from Pretoria. Hundreds of people shouting and cheering from their balconies. Applause for carers? No. They've announced the booze shops will be reopening.

14 hours ago, Mike Jordan said:

image.jpeg.b02a3db8edbe6a8ea683bc5855cfbc2a.jpegw

With a nod to Charles Rennie Mackintosh. Something I have always fancied making but never had the time!

The upholstery will have to wait until sanity returns.

The Argyle Chair taking the place of cratch boards and skylights. No idea what to do with a single chair,but I enjoyed it!

Interesting, as soon as I saw the picture I though of CRMc........nice design....

On 26/05/2020 at 19:44, Sir Nibble said:

I just got a video from Pretoria. Hundreds of people shouting and cheering from their balconies. Applause for carers? No. They've announced the booze shops will be reopening.

Priorities 

on my dog walks I find increasing numbers of cheap cider cans thrown down.

naively I felt great sympathy for teenage sweethearts who didn't have any opportunities to get together and cuddle and snog.

now I have a picture in my head of typical teenagers defying their parents, going out in the evening and meeting their friends in a quiet place and "ignoring social distancing" (if you get my drift :rolleyes: ).

'twould be interesting to see if such activities will be honestly reported when someone tests positive.

On 25/05/2020 at 18:12, Mike Jordan said:

image.jpeg.b02a3db8edbe6a8ea683bc5855cfbc2a.jpegw

With a nod to Charles Rennie Mackintosh.

I thought he made digestible sweets .......................... 

Day 66

Naughty-Cal's BSS certificate has been issued. That's now sorted for another four years.

Liam is thankfully furloughed again as of yesterday. He wasn't happy with the arrangements at work so in a lot of ways this is for the best.

He will be working on Naughty-Cal next week and with a bit of luck with third parties getting parts back too us it might be ready to put back in the water by Friday.

This means we have a spare weekend this weekend. Not sure what to do with it now.

18 hours ago, Murflynn said:

on my dog walks I find increasing numbers of cheap cider cans thrown down.

naively I felt great sympathy for teenage sweethearts who didn't have any opportunities to get together and cuddle and snog.

now I have a picture in my head of typical teenagers defying their parents, going out in the evening and meeting their friends in a quiet place and "ignoring social distancing" (if you get my drift :rolleyes: ).

'twould be interesting to see if such activities will be honestly reported when someone tests positive.

I thought he made digestible sweets .......................... 

I've been spending time sitting in parks and on beaches and I can tell you that all over there are large groups of young people completely ignoring the whole thing. Everywhere you look there's half a dozen or more sitting close together sharing food and drink. As far as they're concerned the whole thing is over and done with.

4 hours ago, Sir Nibble said:

I've been spending time sitting in parks and on beaches and I can tell you that all over there are large groups of young people completely ignoring the whole thing. Everywhere you look there's half a dozen or more sitting close together sharing food and drink. As far as they're concerned the whole thing is over and done with.

I've been seeing virus spreading gatherings, and a complete ignorance of the 2m/6ft rule since this thing began, although, as you say, it seems to have become more prevalent over the past week or so.

Hard to say how many are ignoring it as a percentage, but it always makes me cringe when someone in the media says that the British public are wonderful and following the rules - "hence our success!!"

17 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

I've been seeing virus spreading gatherings, and a complete ignorance of the 2m/6ft rule since this thing began, although, as you say, it seems to have become more prevalent over the past week or so.

Hard to say how many are ignoring it as a percentage, but it always makes me cringe when someone in the media says that the British public are wonderful and following the rules - "hence our success!!"

All we can do is look after ourselves and keep away from the idiots and let them have the infection to themselves.

• Greenie 2

12 minutes ago, Sir Nibble said:

All we can do is look after ourselves and keep away from the idiots and let them have the infection to themselves.

Yep, there is no cure for stupid...

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Yep, there is no cure for stupid...

Which would be fine if they only infected themselves, but that's not how Covid-19 works, they'll then help spread it to everyone else... 😞