Lockdown! Part 2

TheBiscuits

Featured Posts

19 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I saw a woman on a narrowboat going past my mooring travelling downstream on the Nene yesterday. I was a bit surprised to see someone moving in contravention of the rules. 

What is your evidence that she was contravening the rules? Which rule? (OTOH, there are anecdotal reports oiboats leaving marinas which can almost never be compliant at the moment)

6 boats past in last hour, 3 of which were displaying Nene/Great Ouse registrations.

None of the boats are local to this pound. 

Caveat to us later, we are going for gas, diesel, pumpout and warm the engine up ready for service. We will be returning to the mooring via the nearest winding hole.

50 minutes ago, blackrose said:

I saw a woman on a narrowboat going past my mooring travelling downstream on the Nene yesterday. I was a bit surprised to see someone moving in contravention of the rules. 

I thought I was back on Facebook for a minute

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Can anyone tell me what this aircraft is up to? It took off from East Midlands Airport.

fr24-11.JPG.a4ee325972b9e44d79f0eef43795884f.JPG

Selling aerial photographs as keepsakes of individuals enjoying their back gardens under social distancing 2020 style.

Mapping for Google maps and the like, and for other aviation reasons. Usually done at overnight when the airways are quiet.

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What height is it flying at?

Usually around 2 to 3,000 ft.

On 09/04/2020 at 17:32, Mike Todd said:

(snip)

I shall never forget my stats lecturer recounting that, in preparing for the lectures, he reminded himself of the calculations by using two arbitrary sets of data - the gross national product and the import of bananas through Bristol (I think I did say this was some time ago!). he obtained a high correlation between the two data sets and suggested that the way to improve the country's economy, as measured by GNP (as it was) would be to import more bananas through Bristol.

Of course there was no a priori reason to believe the proposal and the simple correlation was neither causative nor, probably, even indicative. Fortunately, no future political leader was taking the course at the time otherwise it might have altered the direction of history.

It would not be surprising to find a correlation between these two data sets. However, an attempt to increase GDP by increasng imports of bananas would be a classic case of reversing cause and effect.

33 minutes ago, Iain_S said:

It would not be surprising to find a correlation between these two data sets. However, an attempt to increase GDP by increasng imports of bananas would be a classic case of reversing cause and effect.

Are you suggesting that an increase in GDP causes an increase in banana imports?

1 hour ago, Mike Todd said:

Are you suggesting that an increase in GDP causes an increase in banana imports?

It's a hypothesis. Increased GDP =>increased spending power => more demand for "luxury" items. I'd expect a similar correlation between GDP and wine imports, and, indeed, imports of anything we can't produce ourselves.

On 11/04/2020 at 11:30, Machpoint005 said:

Can anyone tell me what this aircraft is up to? It took off from East Midlands Airport.

fr24-11.JPG.a4ee325972b9e44d79f0eef43795884f.JPG

The same as this one :

Beech 200T Super King Air carries out flight over Llyn Peninsula

It is understood that the aircraft was carrying out an aerial survey, but the reason for the survey is not clear.

It flew across from Notinghamshire to North Wales on Monday and carried out its work over the area before returning back to base.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/mystery-plane-carves-strange-flight-18085189

Send those plane flight path pics to your David Icke conspiracy loons. They'll mix them in with a smattering of mentions of Nazca lines and declare the Anunnaki to be down a Welsh slate mine, controlling the spread of coronavirus through 5G and nanotechnology. It's simples sheeple. Wake up and see the evidence!

• Greenie 2

Its back again to day :

Today, it was back, having taken off at Loughborough this morning, and is flying at around 5,000 feet.

It is now flying south to north from around Llyln Llydaw up to the coast around Llanfairfechan, moving eastwards on each loop.

It is understood that the Beech 200T is carrying out an aerial survey, but the reason for the survey is not clear.

The mystery plane is back in the skies over North Wales