Help save the Beer !!!

Fender151

Featured Posts

An appeal has been launched in the Czech Republic to "save" the equivalent of 1,305,552 pints of craft beer that will go off "within weeks" if it is not drunk.The beer is languishing undrunk in barrels in 32 craft breweries across the country. All pubs and restaurants are closed to the public (they can serve through hatches) but customers can buy direct from breweries.Pale lager as we know it was invented in the Czech city of Pilsen in 1842. The Czech Republic has the highest per capita beer consumption in the world.If you’re in the Czech Republic and think you can help, 

So doe anybody know of a Corvid-19 compliant route to Pilsen, approximately how many locks and the number of bottles I can carry on a 60ft NB, before I sink.

As a responsible member of society I feel I should make every reasonable effort to help out in their time of need.

15 minutes ago, Fender151 said:

So doe anybody know of a Corvid-19 compliant route to Pilsen, approximately how many locks and the number of bottles I can carry on a 60ft NB, before I sink.

I'd be more concerned about the boat sinking....

16 minutes ago, Fender151 said:

An appeal has been launched in the Czech Republic to "save" the equivalent of 1,305,552 pints of craft beer that will go off "within weeks" if it is not drunk.The beer is languishing undrunk in barrels in 32 craft breweries across the country. All pubs and restaurants are closed to the public (they can serve through hatches) but customers can buy direct from breweries.Pale lager as we know it was invented in the Czech city of Pilsen in 1842. The Czech Republic has the highest per capita beer consumption in the world.If you’re in the Czech Republic and think you can help, 

As a responsible member of society I feel I should make every reasonable effort to help out in their time of need.

Most pubs in the UK will soon be pouring beer away, proper beer doesnt last long at all and very short life when its been vented. I didnt get down to help my lad drink all his beer and hes got many gallons he will be binning this weekend ? multiply this over thousands of pubs and its a crying shame innitt.

The local Beer Wholesaler we used to use has 1,000's of barrels, and 10' of 1000's of bottles of stuff in store, they have advertised on Facebook that they are now 'Open to the Public' and any one can come and buy directly (no 'membership card' no licence needed) and they will even deliver.

Got to get rid of it somehow - I guess they will now be closing anyway as they cannot be called 'a necessary service'.

A friend told me last night that some pubs "oop North" are giving beer away instead of pouring it down the drain -- barrel outside the pub, help yourself.

Here "dahn Sarf" some pubs are selling takeaway beer at a couple of quid a pint instead of throwing it way...

3 minutes ago, Captain Beaky said:

Could someone please evaluate how good this beer might be for hand sanitisation?  If effective, going to get some would then qualify as an essential journey. ?

Off licences have been added to the essential shops by good old Boris so ya can buy as much as you need :clapping: