There's always one...

Richardcn

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, Richardcn said:

In defence of those boats (and I mean boats that you can live on) they may need water or to empty their pump-out, then they do HAVE to move.

Not when they have just come up a lock flight where there is a water point both at the top and bottom of the flight. A disposal point at the top and a winding hole within 500 metres!

30 minutes ago, Captain Fizz said:
11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't think he is understanding the 1st rule of rowing / paddling.

17 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

I thought he meant hideous pram cover.

1) Make sure the oars / paddles are in the water

Not much difference between them and the muppets that are still cruising past, four boats this morning!!

I thought he meant folks out paddling and enjoying it!

20 minutes ago, MartinC said:

No doubt this will bring out the trolls, but, assuming that the two are of the same family (not subject to the 2m rule), and have no symptoms are they not just carrying out their permitted once a day exercise?

Agreed. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Fizz said:

Not when they have just come up a lock flight where there is a water point both at the top and bottom of the flight. A disposal point at the top and a winding hole within 500 metres!

Maybe going back to base ?  

Indeed, they would no doubt be covering themselves with the 'exercise' rule and good luck to them but the food and beer they were carrying (and not carrying in a 'we've just been shopping' kind of way) would suggest otherwise. They would have had to inflate this somewhere, presumably by the water and they'll have to deflate it on their return, not exactly conducive to the maintaining a safe distance from all other towpath users. Somehow though, I got the impression that this wasn't uppermost in their minds. Fortunately idiots like this appear, now anyway, to be in the minority around these parts.

It's so easy to say that they're not doing any harm and that may be but they're definitely not playing by the rules the rest of us are. When you have to go to a funeral in which nobody but you and your brothers can attend and nobody can shake hands or hug then things are pretty damn dicey.

1 hour ago, Captain Fizz said:

Not much difference between them and the muppets that are still cruising past, four boats this morning!!

Six here so far today, ten yesterday. I don't think they can all have been caught out by CRT's "no leisure boating" notice and are still returning to base.

A few boats moving here but services are very scattered locally, i don't believe anything sinister is going on, just folks doing the necessary. If they happen to travel a little further to turn i don't think this is an issue as far as risk goes, some aren't confident and may choose an alternative. 

Walking on the other hand has gone mad, with a narrow towpath making achieving social distance impossible and this i blame on indistinct government advice. 

5 minutes ago, BWM said:

...  Walking on the other hand has gone mad, with a narrow towpath making achieving social distance impossible and this i blame on indistinct government advice. 

So exercising on the water, in whatever sort of boat, is actually being more socially responsible ?

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Six here so far today, ten yesterday. I don't think they can all have been caught out by CRT's "no leisure boating" notice and are still returning to base.

I was one of the ten yesterday that passed you, your garden looks a pleasant spot to survive lockdown!

I was returning to base, after an aborted trip to a pre-booked docking on the Weaver. Didn't fancy my chances at Harecastle never mind Anderton.

2 minutes ago, Izz said:

Hoody. Puffer jacket. These people are just everything that's wrong about Brits today.

Oi, I wear hoodies!

And I'm a pillar of society. I know this because I bin told. Well I think it was 'a pillar' he called me...