Time to go

LadyG

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I eventually got a response yesterday at 16.00 hours, after screaming and shouting,

I have to agree with Chagall, there is no excuse for screaming and shouting at ANY company employee on the phone. EVER. 

3 minutes ago, haggis said:

Good grief! We are in the middle of a national crisis and you expected C&RT to respond to you apparently almost immediately at the weekend!!!! Why the need to "scream and shout" at them ? You have repeatedly complained of not getting emails etc from them but you have never acknowledged or replied to the many messages on here telling you how to register to get them . Why??  Folk on here have repeatedly given you advice and asked what questions you want answered as they might be able to help but you ignore these messages. Why?? I think it is time for us to scream and shout at you to stop being such a diva demanding attention and for you to give C&RT some slack in these difficult times for them as well as us. 

haggis

Hear hear, well said.

• Greenie 3

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

I don't expect anyone to make a major effort on my behalf. I am just hoping to do what I originally wanted to do, sort the boat, potter about.

I told owner a while ago that I'd be off, I get the impression there are a lot of people on here who use social media to attack peple rather than supporting their elders and betters. ?

I have a message for them.

go away

Ah it makes sense now. You are one of those old people who expects everyone to do as you want when you want even if that is completely at odds to what common sense says is the right thing to do. 

Perhaps you should step back and look at your own actions before complaining about others around you. 

13 minutes ago, Chagall said:

The irony is that CRT likely agreed your action to stop you screaming and shouting, returning to a sensible option at a later time. Who knows, but your attitude stinks, as you are finding to your detriment. 

Would you not be annoyed if you had to make about five calls over three days last week, to discuss a simple matter, things changed after last w/end as the rules were changed. All in all I made at least five calls to the call centre, this week, and only one guy actually got the message, he did also called back to see if I had had any response, and then someone from CRT actually called me at 16.00 yesterday after I called via the emergency number [also the call centre].  They are supposed to be working from home,  the response is supposed to be seamless.

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

Would you not be annoyed if you had to make about five calls over three days, to discuss a simple matter, things changed after last w/end as the rules were changed. All in all I made at least five calls to the call centre, this week, and only one guy actually got the message, he did also called back to see if I had hadany response, and then someone from CRT actually called me at 16.00 yesterday. They are supposed to be working from home, but the resonse is supposed to be seamless.

You cannot justify your behaviour, it still stinks. If you had listened to advice here you would not need to have called CRT who are extremely busy at the moment trying to answer other idiots as well as genuine callers. 

• Greenie 4

On 24/03/2020 at 10:48, Athy said:

Are them, er I mean they?

Jo is a cc'er. Her boat is her home, so she would be staying at home even if that home moved. I thought I had read elsewhere on CWDF that they were permitted to move.

So did I,  but it changed at some indeterminate time, not sure when CRT changed their rules.

3 hours ago, LadyG said:

There are very few big moorings, I  wanted to go on to VM to assess situation, plan scuppered. All big l'aboards are in a line, 

I planned to leave anyway, asap really. 

You sound like the ideal moorer, the kind that every Marina operator would want and the kind of person everyone would like to be berthed next to.

Hopefully you'll go continuous cruising, so when someone upsets you, you can move on. I suspect you'll be the model CCer and never break the overstay rule.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You don't really understand irony, I am just reflecting how folks imagine what I am thinking/doing.

I asked for some local input about conditions on the cut after about three attempts to contact CRT last week, and the w/end. No message got through. I could not get them to give me a number or get them to ring me.  The chat line is the same it is the call centre. 

I eventually got a response yesterday at 16.00 hours, after screaming and shouting, I got one number which was not manned. Someone eventually rang, agreed some action, then they changed tack again today at 12.00 noon.

Perhaps you need to show some respect to people!

12 minutes ago, LadyG said:

So did I,  but it changed at some indeterminate time, not sure when CRT changed their rules.

Thought you had a mooring at Goole, so not CCing.

With respect to the elderly(I doubt you've earned any with your attitude) your coming across as quite clueless about boats/boating and full of s£#t.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Would you not be annoyed if you had to make about five calls over three days last week, to discuss a simple matter, things changed after last w/end as the rules were changed. All in all I made at least five calls to the call centre, this week, and only one guy actually got the message, he did also called back to see if I had had any response, and then someone from CRT actually called me at 16.00 yesterday after I called via the emergency number [also the call centre].  They are supposed to be working from home,  the response is supposed to be seamless.

You really are coming over as a petulant begger.
All we are getting from you is I WANT, I WANT.
You really need to get of your high horse, look at the current situation and realise that you aren't the centre of attention.

• Greenie 3

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The situation is fluid. Don't expect it to be the same from one day to the next at the moment. Go online (you did register didn't you?) and check your communication preferences with CaRT and make sure you sign up for notices for your waterway. If they are all set, there is some technical reason for you not receiving them. As you're getting other mails, maybe check your spam etc.

22 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Why do you think that your situation is so much more important than the safety of the CRT staff?

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I say chaps and chapesses, cut her a bit of slack eh, you are in fairness ganging up on her and like a pack of dogs over a bone. Just sayin like :cheers:

Perhaps the OP might like to take a step back look at what she is requesting from CRT and then realise that actually she is expecting other people to put their lives at risk to get her out of a position that she willingly put herself in. 

The OP needs to realise she is no more important than anyone else and is very much on her own in this situation. 

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I say chaps and chapesses, cut her a bit of slack eh, you are in fairness ganging up on her and like a pack of dogs over a bone. Just sayin like :cheers:

I'll cut her some slack when she accepts that she isn't the important person she seems to think she is and shows respect to other people.

• Greenie 2

31 minutes ago, LadyG said:

What was this important information you needed

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I think it was her statement she is older and better than other people, probably including you. A similar attitude to that she turned up on here with right in the beginning. Thats what lit the blue touch paper. 

37 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Here is the latest advice on cruising from CRT from there web site via the links I posted for you. There are 5 reasons you can travel by boat on their waterways

When can I cruise?

Following the announcement from the Prime Minister (8.30pm, 23 March 2020) regarding the UK’s response to the coronavirus crisis, we are asking leisure boaters to stop all non-essential travel and not to visit their boats if they do not live aboard permanently. As a result, and to help those who live-aboard (along with those who would need to travel to their boat in order to move it) we are suspending the requirement to move every 14 days. The suspension will be kept under review in line with revised Government guidance, applying initially until 14 April 2020. During this period, you do not need to contact us to tell us you will be staying in one location for more than 14 days.

If you are a live-aboard boater or are currently occupying your boat, essential movement could be:

• to access water or waste facilities
  • to access essential food and supplies
  • to access urgent medical treatment
  • for emergency mechanical service for your boat
  • for emergency vet treatment for your pet

Please note that from Monday 30 March, unless there is an emergency or boaters require passage for one of the reasons above, all our employee-operated locks, bridges and tunnels will be closed.

13 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

In my world

"I eventually got a response yesterday at 16.00 hours, after screaming and shouting, I got one number which was not manned. Someone eventually rang, agreed some action, then they changed tack again today at 12.00 noon."

this Is totally unacceptable behaviour, your friend is making other folks work life's stressful, by her own words and selfish actions, this is not a decent person. 

Your advice, would be be better aimed at dealing with the cause of the problem not the effect it has.

13 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Probably what time the lock opens.

I doubt she has the experience to go that way out of Goole, more like "Why is there not a volunteer lock keeper on Syke House lock" and if she didn't get the answer she wanted she would "Scream and Scream till I'm sick"

2 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I doubt she has the experience to go that way out of Goole, more like "Why is there not a volunteer lock keeper on Syke House lock" and if she didn't get the answer she wanted she would "Scream and Scream till I'm sick"

It was probably Pollington lock she was wanting.