Time to go

LadyG

Featured Posts

52 minutes ago, mark99 said:

The romance of the waterways can soon evaporate to nowt when you are stuck in a marina with close inconsiderate neighbours.

Maybe buy a nice little flat in Scotland somewhere.....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, LadyG said:

No, I am inside except to go to bin, which is next to gate, I was painting front doors, yesterday bin  and fill water and shopping on bike.

If you're inside then you don't need to worry about people walking past your boat who are less than 2m away because there is a barrier between you. Unless the windows are open on that side of course.

13 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

There is no helping some people. 

The OP is one of those and will never be happy with anything!

Yes, NC is actually starting to sound like a reasonable person compared to LG! ?

When you come across people who are constantly complaining about other people or about their situation, you usually find that the issues really lie with the complainant themselves. I remember when I was living overseas and had to stand in for an absent manager at work interviewing a couple of people for a job. I was interviewing an Aussie woman and was asking her about previous jobs listed on her CV. She'd been at 3 different companies for less than 6 months each, and each time her reason for leaving was that the company had treated her badly. When she explained how badly the first company had treated her I was sympathetic, but after the third I realised that the problem was her.

Edited by blackrose
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

The romance of the waterways can soon evaporate to nowt when you are stuck in a marina with close inconsiderate neighbours.

Unless the liveaboards are more than 50% of the moorers, I would have thought the marina could arrange to shuffle boats around so that liveaboards are not directly next to other liveaboards.  That would help LadyG for a start.

• Greenie 1

18 minutes ago, dor said:

Unless the liveaboards are more than 50% of the moorers, I would have thought the marina could arrange to shuffle boats around so that liveaboards are not directly next to other liveaboards.  That would help LadyG for a start. 

Sounds like "living the dream" maybe is not what she expected. She has had the boat a short while and has never been out on it as this Post was about her first trip out.  What she going to do if when she goes out and she does not like that also? Just like she seams not to like being in the Marina.

There may be a boat in Goole going cheap soon and another Newbie finding that the reality of living on a boat is not what is depicted on TV and YouTube.

Edited by PD1964
  • Greenie 2

1 hour ago, dor said:

Brilliant idea. Get everyone to congregate at the marina in close quarters while they shuffle boats around.

Or perhaps just leave them where are instead!

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Aberdeen is a bit 'grey' but Largs is nice.

Love Largs. A memory flashed up on Farcebook this morning. We were there four years ago today.

10 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Brilliant idea. Get everyone to congregate at the marina in close quarters while they shuffle boats around.

Or perhaps just leave them where are instead!

could be done by one person (I know, because I have done it in the past)

2 hours ago, dor said:

There are very few big moorings, I  wanted to go on to VM to assess situation, plan scuppered. All big l'aboards are in a line, 

I planned to leave anyway, asap really.

Edited by LadyG

I don't expect anyone to make a major effort on my behalf. I am just hoping to do what I originally wanted to do, sort the boat, potter about.

I told owner a while ago that I'd be off, I get the impression there are a lot of people on here who use social media to attack peple rather than supporting their elders and betters. ?

I have a message for them.

go away

Edited by LadyG

57 minutes ago, dor said:

could be done by one person (I know, because I have done it in the past)

Down here, it's the wild west. The main language is f 'n blindin, the moral code is effu, I'm alright.

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You are consistent, that has been the tone of many of your posts from 'day 1'.

Well yes, on Day1 I was told "we share and share alike, that = you've got something I'd like .....

2 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Sounds like "living the dream" maybe is not what she expected. She has had the boat a short while and has never been out on it as this Post was about her first trip out.  What she going to do if when she goes out and she does not like that also? Just like she seams not to like being in the Marina.

There may be a boat in Goole going cheap soon and another Newbie finding that the reality of living on a boat is not what is depicted on TV and YouTube.

That may be true, although I remember on one of her earlier posts she said that she implied that she had been a boater for many years, and indeed she also said that she held a boatman's licence. If that is the case then surely she is not a Newbie and should know what to expect, both in a marina and also around and about on the cut?

Howard

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, howardang said:

That may be true, although I remember on one of her earlier posts she said that she implied that she had been a boater for many years, and indeed she also said that she held a boatman's licence. If that is the case then surely she is not a Newbie and should know what to expect, both in a marina and also around and about on the cut?

Howard

She had 98 years Lumpy-Water sailing, and a single trip on the Crinan Canal before she joined the forum.

• Greenie 1

24 minutes ago, LadyG said:

go away

Interesting response.
What strikes me is that you aren't happy with people's responses because they don't agree with your's. Perhaps that is because you are wrong but refuse to accept it.

Whilst you are moored and INSIDE your boat you are perfectly safe. 
If you don't want to meet your neighbours then don't go outside when they are there; wait until they go in. It really isn't difficult!

10 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

She had 98 years Lumpy-Water sailing, and a single trip on the Crinan Canal before she joined the forum.

but I never had a boat that could be cut in half with a junior hacksaw 

Edited by LadyG

The rules and interpretation keep changing day by day, I'm not trying to "get round them" or I would just go, and plead ignorance, the canal is still open for navigation. I still have had no email, not even spam or text, and I've tried, I get plenty incoming, nothing fom CRT for weeks.

Edited by LadyG

9 minutes ago, LadyG said:

The rules and interpretation keep changing day by day, I'm not trying to "get round them" or I would just go, and plead ignorance, the canal is still open for navigation. I still have had no email, not even spam or text, and I've tried, I get plenty incoming, nothing fom CRT for weeks.

Why not just visit their website then and reads what's there. I still havent had my text from the Government that every one else seemed to have had, should I just carry on as usual?

11 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Why not just visit their website then and reads what's there. I still havent had my text from the Government that every one else seemed to have had, should I just carry on as usual?

Here you are, you can have mine 

Coronavirus and boating update

View this email in your browser (https://mailchi.mp/canalrivertrust/coronavirus_boating-27mar?e=d09d27674a)

** Coronavirus & boating update, 27 Mar 2020
------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Brian,

A new edition of Boaters' Update (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-27-mar-2020) has been just been published containing all the latest updates on how coronavirus is affecting your boating. This includes; towpath use, when can you should cruise, the temporary suspension of Boat Safety Scheme examinations, contacting the Canal & River Trust and how to get hold of cards and keys for boating facilities

In it you’ll find:
* Using the towpath (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-27-mar-2020#towpath)
* When can I cruise? (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-27-mar-2020#cruising)
* Temporary suspension of Boat Safety Scheme examinations (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-27-mar-2020#BSS)
* Contacting the Canal & River Trust (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-27-mar-2020#contact)
* Can I still get hold of pump-out cards and facilities keys (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/enjoy-the-waterways/boating/boating-blogs-and-features/the-boaters-update/boaters-update-27-mar-2020#facilites) ?

Please follow the government advice – stay at home, protect the NHS, save lives. Thank you for your patience and forbearance and please stay safe during these unprecedented times.

Damian Kemp,
Boating communications manager,
Canal & River Trust

============================================================
** (https://www.facebook.com/canalrivertrustboating/)
** (https://canalrivertrust.org.uk/news-and-views/blogs/the-boaters-update)
Copyright © 2020 Canal & River Trust, All rights reserved.
 You are receiving this email because you either opted in at our website or purchased a boat licence from us.

Our mailing address is:
Canal & River Trust
Fearns Wharf
Neptune Street
Leeds, West Yorkshire LS9 8PB
United Kingdom
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can ** update your preferences (https://canalrivertrust.us5.list-manage.com/profile 
or ** unsubscribe from this list (https://canalrivertrust.us5.list-manage.com/unsubscrib

2 hours ago, LadyG said:

I don't expect anyone to make a major effort on my behalf. I am just hoping to do what I originally wanted to do, sort the boat, potter about.

I told owner a while ago that I'd be off, I get the impression there are a lot of people on here who use social media to attack peple rather than supporting their elders and betters. ?

go away

"Elders and betters"   Pah!  You may be my elder but you are certainly not my better. The good advice on this social media that you claim as attack is withdrawn as far as I'm concerned, you are on your own, do what you will. 

You don't really understand irony, I am just reflecting how folks imagine what I am thinking/doing.

I asked for some local input about conditions on the cut after about three attempts to contact CRT last week, and the w/end. No message got through. I could not get them to give me a number or get them to ring me.  The chat line is the same it is the call centre. 

I eventually got a response yesterday at 16.00 hours, after screaming and shouting, I got one number which was not manned. Someone eventually rang, agreed some action, then they changed tack again today at 12.00 noon.

Edited by LadyG

6 minutes ago, LadyG said:

You don't really understand irony, I am just reflecting how folks imagine what I am thinking, I asked about conditions on the cut after about three attempts to contact CRT, last w/end, and no message got through. The chat line is the same it is the call centre. I eventually got a response yesterday at 16.00 hours, after screaming and shouting, agreed some action, then they changed tack again today at 12.00 noon.

The irony is that CRT likely agreed your action to stop you screaming and shouting, returning to a sensible option at a later time. Who knows, but your attitude stinks, as you are finding to your detriment.