Time to go

LadyG

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

That is correct, I've never heard so much language in my life, just a very strange place.

No, I am inside except to go to bin, which is next to gate, I was painting front doors, yesterday bin  and fill water and shopping on bike.

So its eveybody else thats the problem...   Just out of interest, are the moorings there residential, residential CRT towpath moorings are very rare I think? 

Edited by Chagall

30 minutes ago, Chagall said:

So its eveybody else thats the problem...   Just out of interest, are the moorings at Goole residential, residential CRT towpath moorings are very rare I think? 

They are in the marina. Friends of ours were in the same marina and there are a lot of liveaboards. The OP is clearly one of these on a none residential mooring sl not quite sure that they can really complain about the situation. 

If the other moorers are staying more than 2m from the OPs boat there really is very little they can do about the situation. 

Moving to the towpath is highly unlikely to make the situation any better as it will be the general public instead.

• Greenie 1

11 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

They are in the marina. Friends of ours were in the same marina and there are a lot of liveaboards. The OP is clearly one of these on a none residential mooring sl not quite sure that they can really complain about the situation. 

If the other moorers are staying more than 2m from the OPs boat there really is very little they can do about the situation. 

Moving to the towpath is highly unlikely to make the situation any better as it will be the general public instead.

I know the OP is in the marina but I just wondered if it had residential moorings.  The OP had talked about getting a residential CRT mooring, and it is those I think that are rare? 

Edited by Chagall

1 minute ago, Chagall said:

I know the OP is in the marina but I just wondered if Goole was similar to BWML and had official residential moorings.  The OP had talked about getting a CRT mooring, and it is those I think that are rare? 

No.

4 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

No.

If the marina has no residential moorings, one wonders why it is open at all. 

Bit of a headache for marina managers up and down the land, who have filled their leisure marinas with unofficial liveaboards. 

• Greenie 2

2 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Another reason why it might not be wise to leave just now. ...but anyway Im sure the OP will come to her own decision after listening to all the advice. 

So cutting!

It's a hard one for the marina owners to call. One the one hand the marina might play hardball and just lock the gates, on the other, there might be SO MANY unofficial liveaboards in there, it would cause civil unrest. 

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So cutting!

It's a hard one for the marina owners to call. One the one hand the marina might play hardball and just lock the gates, on the other, there might be SO MANY unofficial liveaboards in there, it would cause civil unrest. 

Cutting?  Im fairly sure they are listening, or to be pedantic reading the advice but I wonder if any is appreciated for the experience it contains. She will come to her own decision despite the advice is perhaps a little more truthful. I wish her good luck. 

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

And with pointy heads and webbed feet they won all the local swimming galas.

What a great video!

Brilliant editing too. No-one ever notices the editing.

3 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Cutting?  

I thought you had noticed that our lovely LG has a long history of asking for advice on here, then totally ignoring it!

• Greenie 4

6 minutes ago, Chagall said:

Cutting?  Im fairly sure they are listening, or to be pedantic reading the advice but I wonder if any is appreciated for the experience it contains. She will come to her own decision despite the advice is perhaps a little more truthful. I wish her good luck. 

I 'm not sure if there was much advice, plenty of comments, and of course official guidelines and rules changed at least twice, as didexternal factors, pulling and pushing.

image.jpeg.5cab0da846487e492fb121d1ba6ca237.jpeg

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

What a great video!

Brilliant editing too. No-one ever notices the editing.

The group was set up by our local Landlord who entered a Radio Lincoln competition for a "Song for Lincolnshire", they didn't win but they were called up to perform all over the place, they only had the one song so had to right a few more, since then they have performed all over the world.

We were going to book them for a charity event at the Golf Club and they said they'd do a 50% discount for charity so it would only be £1500. a bit beyond our budget.

The "BIllinghay Ruffs"

3 minutes ago, Graham Davis said:

Swearing is not evidence of low intelligence or IQ.

Some people can't speak without swearing  every few words. In that case do you think its evidence of high intelligence ?

1 hour ago, mark99 said:

A bit naughty. You could count the small number of inbreeders on your 12 fingers.  ;)

Is the marina in Norfolk then?

Norfolk where Bob is not necessarily just your uncle - Norfolk mug

https://dirtyoldgoat.com/products/norfolk-where-bob-is-not-necessarily-just-your-uncle

Edited by ditchcrawler

10 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

There is no helping some people. 

The OP is one of those and will never be happy with anything!

She could always move, but I suspect she is living under the radar on a leisure mooring and paying little in fees,  she could always find a proper residential mooring in a nicer marina and pay a lot more. You get what you pay for and I doubt she'll move. 

Edited by PD1964