Time to go

LadyG

Featured Posts

On 24/03/2020 at 12:06, john6767 said:

Have you not seen any of the stuff from the government then, it all seemed quite clear to me!

Clear it is not.

Talk about house, household, garden. Here some have interpreted "stay inside" as inside the boatyard which becomes a communal garden. 

Edited by LadyG

Just now, LadyG said:

Clear it is not.

Talk about house, household, garden. Here some have interpreted "stay inside" as inside the boatyard which could treated like a communal garden.

I wouldn't be wandering round a communal garden right now with other tenants, just think if you had still been in your flat

• Horror 1

25 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I used to live near Mold where those blue rolls are made, very good quality , but, no these were standard size, white.

Don't put the big blue roll down a macerator bog!! 

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

I wouldn't be wandering round a communal garden right now with other tenants,

I did not say I agreed with the idea, it's a nonsense.

Just now, mrsmelly said:

Don't put the big blue roll down a macerator bog!! 

It would be good test of function.

46 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Clear it is not.

Yes it is!

What is hard to understand about stay at home unless you need to go shopping for food or medicines? Or another essential trip. 

Or unless you are going to work in an essential service. Or you work in a shop. But only food shops, post offices, newsagents, hardware stores etc etc. Or if your employer says you still have to come in to work anyway. But stay 2m away from anyone else! And don't touch anything anyone else has touched for three days. Simples!

Hmmmm I'm beginning to see your point....

• Happy 1

7 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Its not a bad place - both boys went to School in Hope (Castell Alun) and No1 Son played Rugby for Mold and North Wales before playing for Llanelli.

Not bad no, just odd, can't really explain why, the 2 nephews went to  school there,  must have been castell alun and they came out OK :)

49 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes it is!

What is hard to understand about stay at home unless you need to go shopping for food or medicines? Or another essential trip. 

Or unless you are going to work in an essential service. Or you work in a shop. But only food shops, post offices, newsagents, hardware stores etc etc. Or if your employer says you still have to come in to work anyway. But stay 2m away from anyone else! And don't touch anything anyone else has touched for three days. Simples!

Hmmmm I'm beginning to see your point....

Boris just sent me an email, which I thought was very nice of him. I thought it was exceedingly clear. Part of it reads...

That’s why you will only be allowed to leave your home for the following reasons:

• Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
  • One form of exercise a day – alone or with members of your household
  • Any medical need, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home

These are the only reasons you should leave your home. 

All the bold was his :)

10 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Boris just sent me an email, which I thought was very nice of him. I thought it was exceedingly clear. Part of it reads...

That’s why you will only be allowed to leave your home for the following reasons:

• Shopping for basic necessities, as infrequently as possible
  • One form of exercise a day – alone or with members of your household
  • Any medical need, to provide care, or to help a vulnerable person
  • Travelling to and from work, but only where this absolutely cannot be done from home

These are the only reasons you should leave your home. 

All the bold was his :)

That's interesting, an email? 

I only have a text, which is different. My text just says:

"CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives."

I wish he would make up his mind....

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

That's interesting, an email? 

I only have a text, which is different. My text just says:

"CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives."

I wish he would make up his mind....

Yeah, my text said that, but that was yesterday. The email was about an hour ago. 

8 hours ago, LadyG said:

I asked about a trip to Ripon, no particular timescale, it is Silver Propellor, ie little used, very few locks. Very few boaters and no CRT notification, some of it is commercial, I don't see CRT closing locks to commercial traffic.

I think you got your answer in #2. Silver Propellor or not.

• Greenie 1

1 minute ago, Victor Vectis said:

Do I hear the voice of experience?

? No mate. But this boat has one of the stupid things fitted and without thinking once I made use of some kitchen roll. Not much of it but it nearly stopped it working. Any amount of any kind of bog roll is no problem but those blue catering rolls we used would deffo stop a macerator bog. 

25 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Yeah, my text said that, but that was yesterday. The email was about an hour ago. 

Oh my text only arrived this morning, about 5am. Not had no email yet. Mebbe he has lost my email address...

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh my text only arrived this morning, about 5am. Not had no email yet. Mebbe he has lost my email address...

I could fwd you mine, but you’d have to pretend your name is Anthony..

At the garage where I did my appreniceship had a really awful filthy grotty lavatory. We had an elderly petrol pump attendant callef Alf who had a regular routine at 9am precisely to go and have a sit on whether he needed to or not, and I had the job of serving the cutomers whilst he was in there. One morning he came running out with his trousers down yelling that there was a king rat running about in there

Rat arsed, we used to call folk getting drunk that.

Edited by bizzard

no text no email, I'm a non person.

40 minutes ago, WotEver said:

I could fwd you mine, but you’d have to pretend your name is Anthony..

I'm Anthony

Edited by LadyG

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

I think you got your answer in #2. Silver Propellor or not.

I'm not prepared to stay here indefinately, the only one who takes precautions, if the others get it, I would not then be happy leaving. Visitor moorings are full of c'mers. The rules are stay at home, this is my home, it just happens to be afloat.

Edited by LadyG