Cracked part on heat exchanger Beta 38 / PRM 150 - what's it called?

jetzi

Featured Posts

I changed the hydraulic hoses connecting my Newage PRM 150 hydraulic gearbox to the heat exchanger on my Beta 38 / BV 1505 engine. Unfortunately when screwing in the male/male adapter, I managed to crack the part that it screws into. Gearbox oil is now slowly oozing out of this crack. Here's a picture with the part in question circled (it has a hex bolt in the centre) and an arrow pointing to the crack at the top, which is just visible.

I would like to replace this whole part if possible, but I don't know what it is called nor where I should go to get a replacement (PRM or Beta? Somewhere else?)

spacer.pngspacer.pngpart.jpg.c3d0c18a5fbfbda2524f0055cac54eee.jpg

I have no idea what this part is called so I don't know how to order a new one. I can't see this part on the technical drawing I got from here: https://issuu.com/betamarine/docs/beta-35-38-he-prm150-100-10639?e=15614309/62577801

image.png.d8c76c0bd633bcedb4d32c7077d95c99.png

Any idea what it's called and where I can get a replacement?

You will need to post a picture showing the whole cooler to be sure, but it has the appearance of a Bowman oil cooler.

The correct fitting to screw into this should have a parallel thread and use a sealing ring , if you used a taper fitting it will expand and crack the casting ( as shown in your picture! ).