Closed til further notice Coronavirus

Slim

Featured Posts

Worth starting a new thread

Just been told ,by e mail,  that Cropredy Marina (Castle Marinas) will be closed from immediate effect to '"All  non residental moorers". Visitors should leave ASAP and owners should not come down. Don't know about the services but I imagine they will be closed as well. Can't say if it applies to other Castle Marinas .

I was gooing home today anyway but I doubt my calorifier will be sorted out in the near future.

Stay safe

Boatie

12 minutes ago, Slim said:

Just been told ,by e mail,  that Cropredy Marina (Castle Marinas) will be closed from immediate effect to '"All  non residental moorers". Visitors should leave ASAP and owners should not come down.

Thanks for that info. I think that Castle Marinas as a whole were mentioned in another thread, but repetition here will do no harm.

1 minute ago, Athy said:

Thanks for that info. I think that Castle Marinas as a whole were mentioned in another thread, but repetition here will do no harm.

Since I posted I've speaking with the partner of someone who works here. He confirms that the policy is group wide.

35 minutes ago, Slim said:

Just been told ,by e mail,  that Cropredy Marina (Castle Marinas) will be closed from immediate effect to '"All  non residental moorers". Visitors should leave ASAP and owners should not come down. Don't know about the services but I imagine they will be closed as well. Can't say if it applies to other Castle Marinas .

I was gooing home today anyway but I doubt my calorifier will be sorted out in the near future.

Stay safe

Boatie

We are based at Wigrams Turn - another Castle Marina  -and we have had the same advice this morning.

Howard

Also Ventnor and Kings Bromley so it clearly is all of them.

I'm glad I managed a few days on the boat, including a two day cruise, last week. I had been in two minds about going but had a feeling it might be the last chance for a while. Didn't expect it would happen quite so quickly though.

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

Another good reason to not have a marina mooring amongst all the others. online private moorings are always best but it looks like the system may well be shut down soon anyway?

Do you think so, I've not heard that opinion before! ???

• Haha 1

Just now, cuthound said:

Do you think so, I've not heard that opinion before! ???

Nor me. 

I also keep meaning to ask his opinion on Boris Johnson, and on Brexit. As I don't think I've seen him venture to express any firm views on either, so far... 

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nor me. 

I also keep meaning to ask his opinion on Boris Johnson, and on Brexit. As I don't think I've seen him venture to express any firm views on either, so far... 

:clapping:

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Nor me. 

I agree, he is such a quiet, unassuming person so he won't have any strong views on anything political... ??

Duplicate from other thread.

Sent Mon 23/03/2020 11:14

Dear Ray

this e-mail is going out to all Castle Marinas customers

Please see below the latest advice from the government regarding non-essential travel.

Based on this latest information, Castle Marinas are advising all leisure use customers not to travel to their boats. Anyone currently staying in the Marina with a primary residence away from their boat should return home.  The safety of our customers and our staff is our primary concern.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

Kings Bromley Marina Ltd

Tel 01543 417209

Edited by Ray T

4 hours ago, Lily Rose said:

Also Ventnor and Kings Bromley so it clearly is all of them.

I'm glad I managed a few days on the boat, including a two day cruise, last week. I had been in two minds about going but had a feeling it might be the last chance for a while. Didn't expect it would happen quite so quickly though.

Crick also.

Bod

1 hour ago, Ray T said:

Duplicate from other thread.

Sent Mon 23/03/2020 11:14

Dear Ray

this e-mail is going out to all Castle Marinas customers

Please see below the latest advice from the government regarding non-essential travel.

Based on this latest information, Castle Marinas are advising all leisure use customers not to travel to their boats. Anyone currently staying in the Marina with a primary residence away from their boat should return home.  The safety of our customers and our staff is our primary concern.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

Kings Bromley Marina Ltd

Tel 01543 417209

Rather more onerous than CRT, whose latest email update this evening simply says this in relation to boating:

"The Government advice is to stay at home and not to visit holiday homes and campsites so as not to add pressure onto local services in these remote areas.  Please consider this guidance when making decisions about visiting boats that are not your main residence."

Are Castle Marinas allowing you you take your boat out rather than be locked in? What happens if your paid mooring runs out during the closure and you don't choose to pay to extend it?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52012432

From this evening people must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.

Shops selling non-essential goods will also be shut and gatherings in public of more than two people who do not live together prohibited.

13 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

"Closed Until Further Notice" - The Country

About Time.

No leisure boating

C&RT not an essential business so no staff, so closed.

No lock keepers

No repairs / maintenance

I don’t believe that he said all non essential businesses should close, perhaps he should, but it was only non essential shops.

15 minutes ago, john6767 said:

I don’t believe that he said all non essential businesses should close, perhaps he should, but it was only non essential shops.

Given that it was a speech not a detailed policy statement I think you will find it will be fleshed out in the coming hours and days. When did you hear all the details in a budget speech.

Edited by Slim
  • Greenie 1

CrT navigations ARE an essential business, not only as a water drainage system which needs maintenance, but also as a navigable ditch for the coal boats which supply peoples floating homes with heating fuels, cooking fuels and some even provide sanitary services. 

I am very serious to be self isolating here, and once a month may make use of two local winding holes in order to empty the poo tank.

I will do my best to maintain a stern and focussed look so people watching do not think I am in any way enjoying the cruise....sorry, toilet trip.

• Greenie 1
  • Love 1

This is due to folks not being disciplined.

Next door just had four folks rock up, so six adults having a jolly 'cos they are not at work, but treatng it like a bank holiday.

I would be very unlucky to get,'cos I'm very aware/educated/experienced in disease control. But these guys are f#wits

Edited by LadyG

Just now, LadyG said:

This is due to folks not being disciplined.

Next door just had four folks rock up, so six adults having a jolly 'cos they are not at work, but treatng it like a bank holiday.

Call the secret police and giggle as they all get tasered as an example to everyone.