Kipor generator

B2019

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, B2019 said:

Generator not starting and taken off carb but this doesn't look good..

Looks ok to me, not that there's much to see.  Typical cheap aluminium casting normally found inside generators, I'd have thought.

Is there are spark?

Does the exhaust smell of petrol after a few pulls? 

Is the fuel fresh?

Have you tried Ezy Start?

Assuming I am seeing right I think there is a hint that the valve guide may have torn the part of the head it is fitted into out of the head but as long as the valve sealed I would expect it to start.

What's the oil level, they normally have a low oil level cut out.

Edited by Tony Brooks

48 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

What's the oil level, they normally have a low oil level cut out.

Not a kipor, but my previous Honda EU20i, and my current Honda EU10i, both need to be filled to a bit more than full, in order to beat the low level oil cutout. (Pete Power gave me this nugget, after months of difficulty starting the EU20i :( ).

Worth a try ??

1 hour ago, Richard10002 said:

Not a kipor, but my previous Honda EU20i, and my current Honda EU10i, both need to be filled to a bit more than full, in order to beat the low level oil cutout.

We found the same on some Machine Mart petrol power washers. We had to tip them to one side in order to very slightly overfill them before they’d start. 

• Greenie 1

5 hours ago, Richard10002 said:

Not a kipor, but my previous Honda EU20i, and my current Honda EU10i, both need to be filled to a bit more than full, in order to beat the low level oil cutout. (Pete Power gave me this nugget, after months of difficulty starting the EU20i :( ).

Worth a try ??

+1. I have the Kipor IG770. The oil has to be almost overflowing to avoid the 'low oil' sensor being activated. Sometimes, even with oil to the brim it doesn't start, if the ground it's on isn't level. Turning the genny round solves this. I guess the sensor is to one side.

1 hour ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

+1. I have the Kipor IG770. The oil has to be almost overflowing to avoid the 'low oil' sensor being activated. Sometimes, even with oil to the brim it doesn't start, if the ground it's on isn't level. Turning the genny round solves this. I guess the sensor is to one side.

Same on the Hondas. If I cant be bothered to fill it there and then, I prop it up so it leans a little bit away from the filler. I think something changes as the oil warms up, such that the sensor is satisfied and it can be returned to level.

3 minutes ago, B2019 said:

Yeah took your advice and I checked the spark all seemed good. Put new one in. Started on first pull. Thanks for advice. Very useful ?

Is amazingly pleasing to get something going when it didn't before, innit!!

1 minute ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

More satisfying that sex for sure, but not as good as surfing a perfect green water wave breaking over a coral reef in the Indian ocean.

I'm just glad I didn't end up throwing the thing in the river out of anger.