Virus

PossibleFriday

Featured Posts

I have just been sent an email by the CRT regarding my safety certificate and it's due date to renew or some sort of discount will be lost. Dose anyone know if there is any flexibility on getting a cirtificate under the current situation or are renewal dates set in stone. To organise out of water maintainace will be difficult under the current climate. What does others think.

I recently renewed mine two months b4 its due date as I always do. Maybe u could phone Cart and ask if you can defer if u have left it near the renewal date. 

Edited by mrsmelly

9 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I think he might be concerned the BSC might find work that requires such

It won't, will it?

There is nothing checked during a BSS inspection that would need a boat docking to fix that I can think of. Can you?

3 hours ago, PossibleFriday said:

My narrow boat has a wood hull

I do sympathise.  My wifes' Grandad left me in no doubt that I would have been a fool to have bought a wooden hulled boat!

3 hours ago, PossibleFriday said:

I presumed to get a safety certificate I would need to take it out of the water to be inspected.

Nah, but if you don't do that in the correct place(s) every 2 years you will have an historic wreck, not a boat.

16 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

It won't, will it?

There is nothing checked during a BSS inspection that would need a boat docking to fix that I can think of. Can you?

No, but I was trying to be nice and offer a suggestion as to why the question was posted, new poster and all that

51 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

No, but I was trying to be nice and offer a suggestion as to why the question was posted, new poster and all that

Ah, and I was trying to reassure the OP that whatever needs inspecting for his particular BSS, he will not need to crane his boat out.