Lockdown !!!

Jenno

Featured Posts

12 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

The Vacuum packed stuff id much cheaper than the canned bread it is around 80p for a 500g loaf, it generally has a more than 6 month BB date.

Its not a nice as 'Warburtons' best but it makes a sandwich and gives sustenance.

Being very rural we always have a few in the house over Winter, and a couple in the boat for those 'oops days' when 'SOMEONE' ate the last few slices of 'normal' bread and said nothing.

Thank you. I never knew there was such a thing as canned bread. Learning something every day ?

Just for clarity I wasn't looking for alcohol to be prohibited. I just thought it was harsh for someone to be fined for going in search of bread and milk when Boris had decided to re-open off licences. I'm pleased he did but if someone is handing out fines for bread and milk they are on dodgy ground in my opinion. 

There has been overzealous use of these new powers across the counrty by many officers backed up by their bosses.

The Transport Police have been stopping people at major railway stations across the country and questioning them on where there were going and why. Was stopped at Cambridge Station this morning in both directions when I had to go into the office to replaced a hard drive (Not something that you can do remotely) which had failed in the night.

'What's concerning is what this heavy-handed approach will do to the public's relationship with the police in the long-term. Upto now it was policing by consent of the people,

More so with demands for more police powers by ex officers

Ex Chief Superintendent Kevin Hurley said a warning should be given to pedestrians, then a fine, and then, if they still don't comply, pedestrians should be Tasered.

"If they still don't comply fire baton rounds at them, if they still don't comply fire something at them which makes them comply permanently," Mr Hurley said, "because we're talking about thousands of people dying, this isn't a joke anymore."

https://www.lbcnews.co.uk/uk-news/ex-crime-commissioner-people-who-break-coronavirus/

The Cambs Times last week demanded martial law be imposed by the government, and to hell with civil liberties and human rights. That the supermarkets should be compelled to operate a rationing system,

Former Wisbech mayor Jonathan Farmer has suggested police consider the use of tasers on children found out and about unnecessarily during the coronavirus pandemic.

Pubs are closed and supermarkets short of beer stocks, but remember many local breweries are still open. Why not enjoy some wonderful beers and support your local one. 

Bradfield Brewery near us would deliver free for an order of 48 bottles or more. Worked out at £1.45 each which is cheaper than most supermarkets. We ordered an extra dozen for our neighbours as there’s quantity discount. 

http://bradfieldbrewery.com/our-beers/

• Love 1

29 minutes ago, MHS said:

Pubs are closed and supermarkets short of beer stocks, but remember many local breweries are still open. Why not enjoy some wonderful beers and support your local one. 

Bradfield Brewery near us would deliver free for an order of 48 bottles or more. Worked out at £1.45 each which is cheaper than most supermarkets. We ordered an extra dozen for our neighbours as there’s quantity discount. 

http://bradfieldbrewery.com/our-beers/

I got my craft beer delivered by Beer Hawk very nice they are too