Lockdown !!!

Jenno

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, cuthound said:

Heard a Doctor on TV say to get through the bordom of self isolation we should finish things we start and thus have more calm in our lives. 

So I looked through the house to  find all the things i've started but hadn't finished...
and I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of Chardonnay, a bodle of Jock Danielas, a butle of wum, tha mainder of Valiumun srciptuns, an a box a chocletz. Yu haf no idr how feckin fablus I feel rite now. Sned this to all who need inner piss. 
An telum u luvum.

The worst thing about Coronavirus, is that men are being punished. Their daily routines are being ruined, no sports on the telly, no trips to the pub, and no restaurants. Women however get to carry on as normal, there is plenty of laundry, dishes to clean, and housework to be done. It’s not fair.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2
  • Angry 2

1 minute ago, Phil. said:

The worst thing about Coronavirus, is that men are being punished. Their daily routines are being ruined, no sports on the telly, no trips to the pub, and no restaurants. Women however get to carry on as normal, there is plenty of laundry, dishes to clean, and housework to be done. It’s not fair.

For those about to die, we salute you

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Phil. said:

And they even named the virus after a beer, just to rub it in.

7 minutes ago, Phil. said:

I wont remind you what WIFE stands for... ??

Committed a heinous crime tonight accorded to the POSO who gave me £60 FPN.

What did I Do. Simply walked from the marina to the local Tesco's to get bread, milk and butter which I had run out of.

In the view of the officer as I still had food at home it was non-essential journey.  

• Horror 2

6 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

What did I Do. Simply walked from the marina to the local Tesco's to get bread, milk and butter which I had run out of.

In the view of the officer as I still had food at home it was non-essential journey.  

Really? Wind up or has it happened? I think I would take it up with his boss

12 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Clearly an officious little twat. Leaving your home to obtain food is within the guidelines, and therefore the issue of the ticket is wrong. You need to make a formal complaint, and demand the ticket is squashed. 

2 minutes ago, peterboat said:

It says in the gov blurb that you can shop so who is the judge of that? I bought just a few essentials today to carry me into next week 

The police were this afternoon given sweeping new powers to arrest people who go on 'non essential' journeys. 

Officers will also have the powers force people to go home if they fail to listen to police direction, and will be fined £60 - reduced to £30 if paid within a fortnight. For second offences it will rise to £120 and will doubling each time for further offences. The worst culprits will be taken to court and face fines of £1,000 or more.   

The police have setup checkpoints all over the place to question people where they are going and for what reason. Police officers now seemingly being tasked with deciding how important someone's journey is. As I had food at home it was a non-essential journey in the officer's view.

3 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

The police were this afternoon given sweeping new powers to arrest people who go on 'non essential' journeys. 

Officers will also have the powers force people to go home if they fail to listen to police direction, and will be fined £60 - reduced to £30 if paid within a fortnight. For second offences it will rise to £120 and will doubling each time for further offences. The worst culprits will be taken to court and face fines of £1,000 or more.   

The police have setup checkpoints all over the place to question people where they are going and for what reason. Police officers now seemingly being tasked with deciding how important someone's journey is. As I had food at home it was a non-essential journey in the officer's view.

I would appeal it as Phil says he has gone to far 

16 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Bread, milk and butter are in anybody’s books basic essentials. I would phone the police to make a formal complaint unless the ticket is withdrawn, and I would also inform the senior officer, get his or her name, that if the ticket is not withdrawn you will see them in court, but before that, you will be contacting the national press, to ask if they want to run a story about how these individual police officers are abusing their new powers. If what you have said is true, that you only went out for the basics, the tabloids would be all over it, and the local plods would have some questions to answer. 

edited to add....if you have the receipt, keep it, even better if it lists the items you bought. The magistrates would laugh this out of court. 

Edited by Phil.

10 minutes ago, nbfiresprite said:

Please stick to accurate facts and don't exaggerate. There is far too much bovine excrement being spouted these days.

First offence, £60 FPN (£30 if paid in 14 days).

Doubles to £120 (no discount) for second offence.

In England (not Scotland or Wales, don't know about Norn Iron)

Doubles again to £240 (no discount) for third offence.

to £480 for fourth

to £960 - capped maximum - for fifth

If it goes to court it can be an unlimited fine or a custodial sentence, but the courts don't seem to be sitting at the moment.

TBH I'd take your ticket to magistrates court by challenging it. 

"You don't need milk because you have ketchup in the cupboard! FINED!" is precisely the power we do not want our coppers to have in this country.  Yes we will accept 100,000 deaths (of other people, obviously!) to avoid this. 

If the PCSO does not need to justify this ticket, then we are going to end up with a lot of "Here's £20, just don't bother writing the £30 ticket" bent play coppers out there, and even worse LA traffic enforcement officers who can also issue these.  Just because it's common in many countries does not mean it's something we would want to see in the UK.

At least real coppers have enough sense to charge proper rates for bending the laws!

5 hours ago, haggis said:

How did the Police know you had food at home? 

haggis

They asked, You may be happy to lie to the Police, I'm not

5 hours ago, Phil. said:

Bread, milk and butter are in anybody’s books basic essentials. I would phone the police to make a formal complaint unless the ticket is withdrawn, and I would also inform the senior officer, get his or her name, that if the ticket is not withdrawn you will see them in court, but before that, you will be contacting the national press, to ask if they want to run a story about how these individual police officers are abusing their new powers. If what you have said is true, that you only went out for the basics, the tabloids would be all over it, and the local plods would have some questions to answer. 

edited to add....if you have the receipt, keep it, even better if it lists the items you bought. The magistrates would laugh this out of court. 

Aready in the tabloids on how the police are using their new powers

The Government has not set out any official guidelines about what is considered an essential food item

This was in the Manchester Evening News and The Mirror

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/essential-supermarket-shopping-items-products-17978057?_ga=2.12099316.1737983330.1585265910-1049350747.1577644084

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/coronaivirus-items-you-should-actually-21758068

'Earlier this week, Boris Johnson announced that Brits are now only permitted to go to the shops once a day maximum, and if doing so, it should only be for 'essentials'.

Plenty of non-essential shops have already shut, and only those considered 'essential' now remain open. These include supermarkets, hardware stores, off-licenses and garages.

However, many shoppers have been left asking the question 'what counts as an essential?'

The government has not set out any official guidelines about what is considered an essential, so at the moment, we'll need to rely on common sense to work out when we should and shouldn't be nipping to the shops.

We've come up with some handy tips to help you.

If you want to head to the supermarket or to an essential shop, consider these factors before going:

• Is it urgent?
  • Will it significantly impact my quality of life or risk my health and wellbeing if you don't have it?
  • Can I buy it online?
  • Will I be putting others at risk by going to buy it?

To put it bluntly, if you fancy a chocolate bar, a new hanging basket for the garden or just fancy going to the supermarket for a 'nice trip out', then it's probably not essential - and you're unnecessarily putting others at risk by making the trip.

But if you've run out of baby formula, need food to feed yourself and/or your family, you need to pick up medication or sanitary products, or your car's broken and it needs fixing for you to be able to work (if you're a key worker), then these can all be considered essentials, and you shouldn't feel guilty for going out the house for them.'

I would have to prove to the magistrates that not having bread, milk and butter would risk my health and well being if I did not have the items. More so when the dinette seat lockers are full of canned and bottled food. I even have two tins of canned bread (Last resort). 

Almost everyone has been panic buying for nearly three weeks, The Government, Police and Magistrates would expect almost everyone had stockpiled months of food and loo rolls. People started stockpiling beer, wine and sprits last week when the pubs were closed.

Up to the start of last week, I was in quarantine recovering from the flu, which for me was only a mild attack,, still was unpleasant with aching joints, fever and sore throat for a week.  I was deem no long contagious after a fortnight once the symptoms were gone, but to be on the safe side I spent one more week in quarantine. Chances of getting it a second time are remote. Only was ment to be down in Dorset for the weekend, in the end it was nearly five weeks. 

If you do get questioned by the Police, you may have problems if the address on your id is not near the location you are stopped. The address on my id was in Dorset 200 miles away. Had to explain why I was in The Fenland area, Good thing that the boat was on the council tax list. As I work in Cambridge a 30 mile comute is better than 175 mile comute each day.    

5 hours ago, TheBiscuits said:

Please stick to accurate facts and don't exaggerate. There is far too much bovine excrement being spouted these days.

The qoute was in last weeks Poole Herald, More or less the same qoute in  many of the papers

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/people-who-ignore-lockdown-rules-17988359

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/punishments-flouting-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-17986921

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/national/18337880.police-given-new-powers-arrest-people-ignore-lockdown-rules/

https://metro.co.uk/2020/03/26/people-breaking-coronavirus-lockdown-rules-will-arrested-12460957/

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/coronavirus-lockdown-rules-arrest-home-office-a4398821.html

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/people-flouting-coronavirus-lockdown-face-21760346

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8158035/Police-streets-stop-drivers-lockdown-threaten-960-fines.html