Lockdown !!!

Jenno

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

I don't know about that in India. Certainly in most south east Asian countries you can pay the police off for most things. It's perfectly normal, routine almost.

In some other countries, Police shoot first then ask questions

Big Brother lives I just got a text from UK Government about the virus

GOV.UK CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & Exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

Edited by buccaneer66
add text

2 minutes ago, bagginz said:

India?  For sure.  It's baksheesh central. Corruption is absolutely the norm.    

It's an Indian copper's dream gig to get posted to Goa - where they can make big money by extorting cash from naive hippies by planting substances, stopping  motorbikes and demanding documentation which no hirers bother providing.

Consequently it's a hippie's worst nightmare to get pulled over by an honest Indian copper - which are rumoured to exist.

I bought a Tuk Tuk whilst I was there brand new from Bajaj no issues, however getting it out of the country involved paying backhanders about 200 quid. The box it came in was awesome weighed more than the Tuk Tuk, I still have it and suspect always will such a practical beastie and economic to run. However my test run was great fun until stopped by the India plod turns out the machine I was riding wasn't registered in any way so the dealer was in the doghouse not me luckily 

Can a cat carry Corona Virus on their fur?

I have a wandering tom,and I know he goes into neighbour's houses as I have been told how lovely he is by more than one.As he loves being petted and stroked,I am a little worried.

15 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

GOV.UK CORONAVIRUS ALERT New rules in force now: you must stay at home. More info & Exemptions at gov.uk/coronavirus Stay at home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

The messages are being sent by the mobile operators rather than the government as the UK does not have a national emergency alert system. The lack of an emergency alert system means people will not be sent the message at the same time, with some getting it early and others later in the day. 

Edited by nbfiresprite

12 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

Everyone got one, I don't have a problem with that.

7 minutes ago, Mad Harold said:

Can a cat carry Corona Virus on their fur?

I have a wandering tom,and I know he goes into neighbour's houses as I have been told how lovely he is by more than one.As he loves being petted and stroked,I am a little worried.

I've been worried about that with our dog. Could he bring something in on his paws? I'm thinking of the dirty habits

13 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

As others have said, it's being sent to every (switched on!) mobile phone in the UK.

The numpties have already started spreading fake news about it being a scam and that you shouldn't follow the link.  The fake "advice" that drinking warm water stops you getting infected is OK to pass around but not a link to the UK government website! :banghead:

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

As others have said, it's being sent to every (switched on!) mobile phone in the UK.

The numpties have already started spreading fake news about it being a scam and that you shouldn't follow the link.  The fake "advice" that drinking warm water stops you getting infected is OK to pass around but not a link to the UK government website! :banghead:

Farcebook and Twatter? 

Should I carry on cruising?

Our priority is to strictly follow Government advice to support the national effort to keep people safe and help fight the pandemic.

Following the announcement from the Prime Minister (8.30pm, 23 March 2020) regarding the UK’s response to the coronavirus crisis, we are asking leisure boaters to stop all non-essential travel.  As a result, and to help those who live-aboard (along with those who would need to travel to their boat in order to move it) we are suspending the requirement to move every 14 days.

We are asking boaters to stop all non-essential travel on our waterways, with exception of accessing local facilities. The suspension will be kept under review in line with revised government guidance, applying initially until 14 April 2020. During this period you do not need to contact us to tell us you will be staying one location for more than 14 days.

We ask everyone to be considerate and make sure vital boater facilities and services accessible to those that need them. 

There may, in a few cases, be the need to pass through manned structures. Information about this will be posted on regional webpages so please check if this applies to you.

Above posted by CRT at 18:00 GMT today

7 minutes ago, LadyG said:

They have already got them!

No they don't actually. They should but don't. Many crimes are solved years later from a Dna sample taken for a recent offence and unless that happens many crimes will remain unsolved. They did use to have my fingerprints but gave them back to me thirty years ago before today's data base was compiled. 

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, bagginz said:

India?  For sure.  It's baksheesh central. Corruption is absolutely the norm.    

It's an Indian copper's dream gig to get posted to Goa - where they can make big money by extorting cash from naive western hippies by planting substances, stopping  motorbikes and demanding documentation which no hirers bother providing.

Consequently it's a hippie's worst nightmare to get pulled over by an honest Indian copper (who you can't make go away with a few hundred rupee notes) 

Maybe It's the same throughout Asia!

I lived in Jakarta, Indonesia for a year, and bought a motor bike. That was illegal in itself but it's OK to ride a bike over there with someone elses name on the registration. Actually it's the only way a foreigner can do things, as they aren't allowed to own anything. I went through a red light once and had no licence. I offered the policeman 3 quid, he refused, but accepted 6. 

Nowadays I tend to go to Bali/ Lombok/ Sumbawa. On average I get pulled up once a week, it's mostly people with white faces who get stopped. Usually if you wave an international driving permit at them they send you on your way. That's amusing in itself, Indonesia aren't part of the 1949 international driving convention but the police don't know this. I was in Bali last month, got stopped. Showed my licence but then he tried to 'fine' me. The offense? driving during the day with my lights on. I explained to him as best as I could (his English sketchy, just like my Indonesian) that the Honda Vario is the most popular bike in Indonesia, there are around 20 million of them in daily use and that since 2015 they were manufactured to have lights that were permanently on. He said 'you must pay' I said 'no', sat on my bike and ignored him. After a few minutes he realised I wasn't going to cough up and waved me on. The trick is to treat the police there with absolute disdain, but never get angry or aggressive with them. The other trick is to fail to stop when they wave you over. They never chase you, they are too lazy. If you do this there's no need to worry about passing them on the way back an hour later. People will tell you; the police can't recognise one bule (derogatory; think nigger) from another, they all look the same.      

1 hour ago, TheBiscuits said:

The numpties have already started spreading fake news about it being a scam

?Hey, hey we're the Numptees,

We're just retarding around...   ?

Even yesterday I saw someone insisting that everyone in the world (apart from him) were wrong and naive because they couldn't see that it was all a hoax and actually a plot for the (illuminati/NWO/masons/aliens etc.) to take complete control.  

Darwinism in action.  

1 minute ago, bagginz said:

?Hey, hey we're the Numptees,

We're just retarding around...   ?

Even yesterday I saw someone insisting that everyone in the world (apart from him) were wrong and naive because they couldn't see that it was all a hoax and actually a plot for the (illuminati/NWO/masons/aliens etc.) to take complete control.  

Darwinism in action.  

5g did he mention 5g, it's the new go to conspiracy 

30 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Maybe It's the same throughout Asia!

I lived in Jakarta, Indonesia for a year, and bought a motor bike. That was illegal in itself but it's OK to ride a bike over there with someone elses name on the registration. Actually it's the only way a foreigner can do things, as they aren't allowed to own anything. I went through a red light once and had no licence. I offered the policeman 3 quid, he refused, but accepted 6. 

Nowadays I tend to go to Bali/ Lombok/ Sumbawa. On average I get pulled up once a week, it's mostly people with white faces who get stopped. Usually if you wave an international driving permit at them they send you on your way. That's amusing in itself, Indonesia aren't part of the 1949 international driving convention but the police don't know this. I was in Bali last month, got stopped. Showed my licence but then he tried to 'fine' me. The offense? driving during the day with my lights on. I explained to him as best as I could (his English sketchy, just like my Indonesian) that the Honda Vario is the most popular bike in Indonesia, there are around 20 million of them in daily use and that since 2015 they were manufactured to have lights that were permanently on. He said 'you must pay' I said 'no', sat on my bike and ignored him. After a few minutes he realised I wasn't going to cough up and waved me on. The trick is to treat the police there with absolute disdain, but never get angry or aggressive with them. The other trick is to fail to stop when they wave you over. They never chase you, they are too lazy. If you do this there's no need to worry about passing them on the way back an hour later. People will tell you; the police can't recognise one bule (derogatory; think nigger) from another, they all look the same.      

I live in Goa India having retired there with my half Irish half German born in Assam India wife who has a British passport, yes I know its complicated so to the point. Driving round Goa in the season Nov to march is hell on earth with holiday makers riding round on scooters/Enfields with a death wish but never mind there are plenty more where they come from is what I think. But you mind the cops as they do and have thrown people in clink on trumped up charges demanding a lot more then £6, try £1000+ so beware. I crossed a state line with 4 tins of beer in the car not knowing the state was a dry state cost be 50,000 rupees about £500 at the time seeing a white face in a Goa plated car his eyes rolled round like a one armed bandit he was.

• Horror 1

12 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

5g did he mention 5g, it's the new go to conspiracy 

Not him, but it came up in the ( I think same) YouTube thread from someone else.

Something about "It's funny how when they switch on 5g everyone gets sick and when they switch it off everyone gets better."

I think that comment was why I bailed out

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

I live in Goa India having retired there with my half Irish half German born in Assam India wife who has a British passport, yes I know its complicated so to the point. Driving round Goa in the season Nov to march is hell on earth with holiday makers riding round on scooters/Enfields with a death wish but never mind there are plenty more where they come from is what I think. But you mind the cops as they do and have thrown people in clink on trumped up charges demanding a lot more then £6, try £1000+ so beware. I crossed a state line with 4 tins of beer in the car not knowing the state was a dry state cost be 50,000 rupees about £500 at the time seeing a white face in a Goa plated car his eyes rolled round like a one armed bandit he was.

Was that into Kerala next door by any chance? It's a dry state, although you can buy alcohol in 5 star hotels and at government run shops. In reality, go to Kovolam or Varkala you can buy it everywhere. Double the price of Goa though, presumably because of the extra 'tax'. The most bizarre alcohol related thing I've seen in India was on the small island of Diu, just across from Gujarat, which is dry. Diu is a 'union territory' of Delhi and has a liberal view of alcohol with low prices, similar to Goa. 9 in the morning, streams of cars pour over the bridge that connects the island with the mainland, all heading for 20 or so bars huddled together just over the bridge. You can either have rum, or rum. 3 hours later people are comatose in the street, others vomiting. By 3 in the afternoon the place is deserted. Truly bizarre.

Oh, the 'permit rooms' of Bangalore were something else as well.

Edited by The Welsh Cruiser