Lockdown !!!

Jenno

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, DaveP said:

See my screenshot for myself.  Not had any issues from CRT or EA about this...

Excellent! 

So they have issued a licence with "And Then Nene" as your home town?

Even so, you have filled in the fields. Has anyone obtained a licence by being totally up front and insisting on the truth, i.e. they don't have a postal address? 

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

You tell me how insisting everyone in my daughter's block of social housing stays put, with two kids to a room, is going to do anything but guarantee that everyone in the place, say about two hundred people are going to get the damn thing at the same time?

Despite the obvious error in your comment above, you appear to be suggesting that because your daughter is one of the 0.1% of the population who live in a high-rise, the government’s advice on social distancing is wrong. 

Amazing logic. 

Well thats it 

Just announced don't leave home at all except for food , medicine and one period of exercise a day

All other shops closed.

No gatherings over 2 people

Glad we have a garden

3 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Despite the obvious error in your comment above, you appear to be suggesting that because your daughter is one of the 0.1% of the population who live in a high-rise, the government’s advice on social distancing is wrong. 

Amazing logic. 

Twit.

• Unimpressed 2

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

You tell me how insisting everyone in my daughter's block of social housing stays put, with two kids to a room

They will have to the police are getting extra powers, I imagine anyone who goes out and spreads it could be done for manslaughter or worse.

Just now, Loddon said:

Well thats it 

Just announced don't leave home at all except for food , medicine and one period of exercise a day

All other shops closed.

Glad we have a garden

Yes I agree. you and I are very lucky. Being locked up in a high rise flat will be horrendous. my dreadful choice was my fab boat on a fabulous mooring or this detached cottage with large garden in a lovely village. I came to the house as it would have remained empty and some scumbags would have broken in. Many will have a horrible time.

13 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Well thats it 

All other shops closed.

Glad we have a garden

And going to work, he mentioned that as well

19 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Excellent! 

So they have issued a licence with "And Then Nene" as your home town?

Even so, you have filled in the fields. Has anyone obtained a licence by being totally up front and insisting on the truth, i.e. they don't have a postal address? 

Indeed they have - here's my address from the licence letter last year (pdf)....

Dr Dave Parry
Nb Freespirit Rising
Regents Canal
Until Aprilish
Then GU
And then Nene
And the Fens
NFA

I have previous used something like 'two boats down from the lift bridge south of banbury' spread across a couple of lines...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaveP said:

Indeed they have - here's my address from the licence letter last year (pdf)....

Dr Dave Parry
Nb Freespirit Rising
Regents Canal
Until Aprilish
Then GU
And then Nene
And the Fens
NFA

I have previous used something like 'two boats down from the lift bridge south of banbury' spread across a couple of lines...

In a sorting office somewhere is a poor postman racking his brains on how to deliver the letter.

14 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Yes I agree. you and I are very lucky. Being locked up in a high rise flat will be horrendous. my dreadful choice was my fab boat on a fabulous mooring or this detached cottage with large garden in a lovely village. I came to the house as it would have remained empty and some scumbags would have broken in. Many will have a horrible time.

I am at the boat and Jayne is at the bungalow! My exercise will be a dog walk to the allotment and back,  so no issues really as I see nobody there anyway oh well here's to getting fitter Tim

11 hours ago, doratheexplorer said:

The only downside is the shop down in the village is rubbish.  You might have a fair long walk to get any decent food in.

Recent experience is that all our local shops are rubbish, no stock, people standing considerably closer than 2m, Morrisons, Sainsbury, Teco, Waitrose , maybe Asda is OK I havent tried there  I can't imagine your village shop is any worse in fact probably much better particularly if they only have one or two customers at any one time.

Edited by Phoenix_V

30 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Yeah, yeah yeah, I've got 34 yrs and quite frankly I would stop with the nonsense tomorrow  ;)

Is that 34 to go?

I cant claim to have ever really worked, turned a hobby into a job at 19 spent the next 47 years at it one way or another mostly having fun ;)

47 minutes ago, peterboat said:

I am at the boat and Jayne is at the bungalow! My exercise will be a dog walk to the allotment and back,  so no issues really as I see nobody there anyway oh well here's to getting fitter Tim

All Shops selling non essential good s must close, fair enough. however supermarkets sell clothes and leccy goods so will they still be allowed to do that whilst others have been forced to close????? Will I be able to get garden peat and plants delivered????? Anyone know where I can find the small print??

Edited by mrsmelly

10 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Is that 34 to go?

I cant claim to have ever really worked, turned a hobby into a job at 19 spent the next 47 years at it one way or another mostly having fun ;)

Same to a degree but I can do the good stuff without the actual work thing attached, oh and 34 done, that doesn't include the part time and volunteer stuff pre 16.

Had enough now, wannabe retired 

:)

1 minute ago, tree monkey said:

Same to a degree but I can do the good stuff without the actual work thing attached, oh and 34 done, that doesn't include the part time and volunteer stuff pre 16.

Had enough now, wannabe retired 

:)

With all this crap going on I am pleased to be retired, my kids like most other people are not finding this lot easy ?

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

Well thats it 

All other shops closed.

Glad we have a garden

Dog needs to go out twice a day for a wee and and a crap, what shall I do? I reckon first time I walk along beside her and pick up the poo, second time I just stand very still and watch ?

...............Dave