Barbridge Area, Rental accommodation needed

Clodi

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes.  Very.

Already today, a NHS doctor was on the radio saying she is having to tell some serious patients arriving that they are going to die (implied from overloaded facilities) and they need to consider if they want to die in hospital alone, or at home with family.

This was just after 8am, on R4, Michelle Hussein live interview.

Once this is happening all over the country and to someone they know, maybe the doubters will start taking this seriously.

My sister's father-in-law passed away on Sunday - not from coronavirus - he had been increasingly frail for a couple of years, with little quality of life towards the end, and he deteriorated rapidly over the last week. But at least he died at home in the presence of his wife of 60+ years.

Many other families will be going through similar experiences over the coming weeks and months. But as my sister said, his death frees up some NHS and social care resources that will be very much in demand in that time.

A lovely man, he would have been 90 next month.

RIP Fred.

Edited by David Mack

15 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Really? I'm very happy to learn more. Why do you say that, please?

Mike, with the greatest of genuine respect I would suggest that once this really terrible situation subsides, then will be the time for the inquests and hopefully lessons will learned. I really hope that this can be the shove that we in the western world need to make us all realise that the awful inequalities and undervaluing of all key jobs (including food preparation) are taken into account and hopefully a fairer more considerate society will emerge

19 minutes ago, David Mack said:

My sister's father-in-law passed away on Sunday - not from coronavirus - he had been increasingly frail for a couple of years, with little quality of life towards the end, and he deteriorated rapidly over the last week. But at least he died at home in the presence of his wife of 60+ years.

Many other families will be going through similar experiences over the coming weeks and months. But as my sister said, his death frees up some NHS and social care resources that will be very much in demand in that time.

RIP Fred.

Sorry for your loss

44 minutes ago, David Mack said:

RIP Fred.

My condolences David. 

We have a gas technician in The Combustion Chamber seriously ill now too. He's had it a couple of weeks, been giving us regular updates and thought he was completely better three days ago. In difficulty breathing now, and looks like being carted off to hospital. Fit, strong and healthy bloke before this.

When everyone we know has lost someone to it or seen someone in serious trouble, THEN hopefully everyone will take it seriously.  

We’re living in interesting times at home right now. Patti received notification from the NHS that she must effectively quarantine herself. So we’re in separate rooms, separate bathrooms, separate bedrooms, mustn’t share the kitchen at the same time, regular wiping down of surfaces and washing of hands... for 12 weeks!

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This was just after 8am, on R4, Michelle Hussein live interview.

I’ve listened from 07:55 to 08:50 now and not heard it. I’ll try from 07:45

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

I’ve listened from 07:55 to 08:50 now and not heard it. I’ll try from 07:45

Oh thats weird. I heard it whilst making a cuppatea. Was feeling rather shocked and thinking about it and thought to glance at the clock which said 8.20. Could have been earlier I guess. 

Bit worried actually as my sense of time and of reality seems distorted at the moment. Really hope I didn;'t imagine it. 

3 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh thats weird. I heard it whilst making a cuppatea. Was feeling rather shocked and thinking about it and thought to glance at the clock which said 8.20.

You already put your clock on BST? ;)

12 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Oh thats weird. I heard it whilst making a cuppatea. Was feeling rather shocked and thinking about it and thought to glance at the clock which said 8.20. Could have been earlier I guess.

07:18!

40 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Was feeling rather shocked and thinking about it and thought to glance at the clock which said 8.20. 

36 minutes ago, WotEver said:

You already put your clock on BST? ;)

27 minutes ago, WotEver said:

07:18!

:clapping:

What did the other two clocks say? :D

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

They both said fcuk off! :giggles:

Hope no one minds in what is a serious thread but that whole exchange has made me giggle, quite a lot as it happens :)

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

RIP Fred.

And my condolences as well David, I didn't see my Dad last weekend because a chap i work with self isolated and it looks like it will be some time before I will see him again, 93 and very very frail