Barbridge Area, Rental accommodation needed

Clodi

Featured Posts

Does anyone have or know of any rental accommodation within easy distance of Barbridge? anything considered

We have sold our house & our narrowboat is not yet ready . WE need a short term rental for 3 adults whilst I stay aboard get the work done.

Typically it never rains but it pours & 2 of our children have decided to come 'home'  from university just as we've sold up.

To make matters worse our oldest son is asthmatic and has been told to self-isolate.

We are in the process of purchasing another property but the current crisis is causing us unexpected delays.

2 hours ago, Clodi said:

Does anyone have or know of any rental accommodation within easy distance of Barbridge? anything considered

We have sold our house & our narrowboat is not yet ready . WE need a short term rental for 3 adults whilst I stay aboard get the work done.

Typically it never rains but it pours & 2 of our children have decided to come 'home'  from university just as we've sold up.

To make matters worse our oldest son is asthmatic and has been told to self-isolate.

We are in the process of purchasing another property but the current crisis is causing us unexpected delays.

Have you tried the obvious, local letting agents? Most agents will have places available in just the few days it takes to do the credit checks etc. 

Or look on Rightmove...

Only one actually in Barbridge but dozens in Natwich.

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/find.html?locationIdentifier=REGION^2841&radius=5.0&sortType=1&propertyTypes=&includeLetAgreed=false&mustHave=&dontShow=&furnishTypes=&keywords=

Yes, trouble is lots of agencies shutting down. All these checks for money laundering is one of the reasons our house sale has taken so long. I know quite a few boaters have a property they rely on letting out for an income. In the ideal world someone would have a caravan they could let out. I'm thinking I may buy one and just park up somewhere. By the time I get evicted I'd have finished the work anyway?

7 minutes ago, Clodi said:

Where we live at the moment villages on the coast are getting their pitchforks out. The world has gone mad.

Our friends have a B & B with 2 letting bedrooms in Bala. They had decided to only let one room for any night, and provided a continental style breakfast where there need be no contact between themselves and the guests.

A few days ago, it seems that Welsh Nationalist flags have gone up all over the town, and it is clear that visitors aren't welcome, (and perhaps you cant blame them, given the proximity of Snowdon and the weekends debacle). They have closed the B & B, and keep their fingers crossed that the government will do something for the self employed.

Signs went up all over the place, even where I walk the dog. I wonder if they realise the real damage they are doing to local economy over a virus with a death rate of 84 people in a million! Far lower than 'normal' flu. I despair.

4 minutes ago, Clodi said:

Signs went up all over the place, even where I walk the dog. I wonder if they realise the real damage they are doing to local economy over a virus with a death rate of 84 people in a million! Far lower than 'normal' flu. I despair.

I think you are in for a rude awakening shortly if that's what you think. Have a read of this and digest the stats: 

https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

1*-O84hhKDRHmgMVAslvgj-Q.png

35 minutes ago, Clodi said:

I think all virus are dangerous BUT this current virus shouldn't mean the end of the world as we know it.

Given the statisticians are predicting 80% of the UK population will get it, and 4.7% of victims end up critical, thats 2,256,000 people ending up in intensive care.

Now given there are 4,100 intensive care beds available in the uk, can you see why spreading those 2m critically ill victims out over a couple of years is considered so important?

I think everyone understands the logistical problems BUT I have personally been involved in pandemic planning and I regret to say that in my opinion our government has been forced by irresponsible reporting verging on scaremongering.

7 minutes ago, Clodi said:

I think everyone understands the logistical problems BUT I have personally been involved in pandemic planning and I regret to say that in my opinion our government has been forced by irresponsible reporting verging on scaremongering.

Shaking up Joe Public is necessary: I went to Lidl at 08.00 on Saturday, chilled meet aisle rammed, The News had mentioned social isolating, mentioned over 70's [moi], yet I could not stop the guy in the queue behind me reaching across my shoulder to get a divider thingy, in spite of having put my trolley behind me, and keeping a metre away from man in front. I lifted a divider and slammed it down a metre behind me. Now B&Q are enforcing 2m distancing, limiting customer numbers in store, and wearing gloves.

Next door has stuffed freezer to maximum, ..... I seem to remember in the three day week, everyone having to eat their way through half pigs and spring lambs! We already have been near critical energy balancing!

26 minutes ago, Clodi said:

Really? I'm very happy to learn more. Why do you say that, please?

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Given the statisticians are predicting 80% of the UK population will get it, and 4.7% of victims end up critical, thats 2,256,000 people ending up in intensive care.

Now given there are 4,100 intensive care beds available in the uk, can you see why spreading those 2m critically ill victims out over a couple of years is considered so important?

That’s still nearly 22,000 a week though, even spread across 2 years. Scary, innit?

• Greenie 1

9 hours ago, WotEver said:

That’s still nearly 22,000 a week though, even spread across 2 years. Scary, innit?

Yes.  Very.

Already today, a NHS doctor was on the radio saying she is having to tell some serious patients arriving that they are going to die (implied from overloaded facilities) and they need to consider if they want to die in hospital alone, or at home with family.

This was just after 8am, on R4, Michelle Hussein live interview.

Once this is happening all over the country and to someone they know, maybe the doubters will start taking this seriously.

47 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

This was just after 8am, on R4, Michelle Hussein live interview.

It’s Mishal Husain, but that doesn’t detract from the scary message :(

Just gone to 8am to listen. 

25 minutes ago, WotEver said:

It’s Mishal Husain, but that doesn’t detract from the scary message :(

Just gone to 8am to listen. 

Ah thanks, i was just guessing but thought it better to just post, nit get distracted checking...