Software bug!

GUMPY

Featured Posts

If I reply to a thread and one of the persons that I have on ignore replies whilst I am composing my reply, when I view the thread after posting I see the warning that he has replied and then his reply immediately below.

Not good for my blood pressure. ;)

Yes it is does happen every time not always with the same poster.

46 minutes ago, Loddon said:

If I reply to a thread and one of the persons that I have on ignore replies whilst I am composing my reply, when I view the thread after posting I see the warning that he has replied and then his reply immediately below.

I have never put anybody on ignore, doesn't seem worth the effort. Surely you can just not read their posts?

I take tablets for my blood pressure and I don't think you can put someone on ignore if they are a moderator.

24 minutes ago, Loddon said:

I have 4 of the most prolific on here on ignore saves me having to see the shyte they post. Hence I have noticed the bug.

Phew, I'm the fifth most prolific poster, according to the front page!

Mind you I agree, I donarf post some shyte...

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Loddon said:

Yes, it happens to me too, very annoying but the thing to do is to relax, change thread/tab/window fast and not come back for a while. And don’t be tempted to read the post!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Phew, I'm the fifth most prolific poster, according to the front page!

Mind you I agree, I donarf post some shyte...

I did put 5 to start with but revised it before posting ;)

Actually I haven't looked to see who are the most prolific, it was just a guess.

ETA only one of the four is in the top ten, I guess two of the others rarely post outside politics / VP so wont get rated.

Edited by Loddon

Does this happen when using both themes or just one? Please click "Theme" at the bottom left and switch to "Legacy" and re-test, at least temporarily. If the problem is only apparent on one theme then we can narrow it down to being an issue with the theme, if it happens on both then it is likely a bug with the forum software itself. 

Thanks

Edited by RichM

• 4 weeks later...