Tiller arm

Russ9294

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Russ9294 said:

I’m looking for wooden to match the rest of the boat 

smart money says they were made by whoever fitted out your boat. do you know anyone or are you yourself handy with wood?

I've just had to make a new bracket for our boat to accommodate two arms and two pins as we bought a longer arm but want to keep the old one for the members of the syndicate who prefer it. I'm completely novice DIY level so its not the neatest but should work as well as the existing one does as I just adapted the same design.

biggest problem I had was finding a piece of wood big enough without spending silly money.

Not exactly what you have in mind -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HARDWARE-YOU-PLASTIC-COATED-CLOSED/dp/B071YQBG97/ref=sr_1_21?dchild=1&keywords=plastic+terry+clip&qid=1584814842&sr=8-21

but I use something like the above (infact very similar) and you can hardly see the clip whe in use. To hide the clip further you could make up an 'extended wood block (or blocks and put the clips at either end.

I use them to hold tiller pin(s) in a similar fashion.