Custom VNC not working this morning.

MtB

Featured Posts

My custom VNC stopped working about 9.30 this morning. Anyone else finding this, or is it me? 

In fact none of the links in the "All Activity" drop-down menu at the top are working. All say "There are no results to show in this activity stream yet"

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I don't think there is any need for that - they do a good job in their own time. Easy to pick on someone isn't it !

It is more likely the instability of the software (again)

I filed that under 'joke', rather than a criticism of anybody.

4 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You've only been here for a month - You don't know him very well do you ?

Well if the truth be told I would guess the majority of people on here don't actually 'know' anybody else.

We may form a view about how the come across on the internet but I would wager lots of people are quite (very even) different sometimes to how they come across.

2 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

Oh OK. My motor bike started and ran perfectly earlier. I guess it must just be a problem with 4 wheeled motorised vehicles, rather than all of them. 

The term is self-explanatory. You can customise your VNC, did you not realise? So once you have customised your VNC, it becomes a "Custom VNC". 

Except that it won't any more, because VNC in the first place is now busted. 

55 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

The term is self-explanatory. You can customise your VNC, did you not realise? So once you have customised your VNC, it becomes a "Custom VNC". 

Except that it won't any more, because VNC in the first place is now busted. 

It's only self explanatory if you know the meaning of the acronym VNC. I don't, so no, it's not self explanatory. Perhaps if the trouble was taken to spend a second or two typing out the words, rather than the lazy approach of using an acronym, it would indeed be self explanatory. Acronyms are fine if the user is certain that all others understand their meaning. Sometimes the acronym will be more widely understood than the full version. For example, any talk of polyvinylchloride windows might lead to confusion whereas more or less everyone would know what pvc windows are. VNC doesn't come into this category though. I don't know what it means, I suspect I'm not on my own.

11 minutes ago, The Welsh Cruiser said:

It's only self explanatory if you know the meaning of the acronym VNC. I don't, so no, it's not self explanatory. Perhaps if the trouble was taken to spend a second or two typing out the words, rather than the lazy approach of using an acronym, it would indeed be self explanatory. Acronyms are fine if the user is certain that all others understand their meaning. Sometimes the acronym will be more widely understood than the full version. For example, any talk of polyvinylchloride windows might lead to confusion whereas more or less everyone would know what pvc windows are. VNC doesn't come into this category though. I don't know what it means, I suspect I'm not on my own.

I thought there would be only one person on this forum who would not know what VNC stands for, given how extensive the discussion of it has been recently. 

And that one person is not you....