Provisions

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Heres a laugh for you all. Mys sister 63 phoned my wife today to ask her how to roast a piece of pork as her delivery had brought pork instead of the chicken she asked for. I suppose they deliver whatever they have do they? I have never done online food shopping. Anyway my sister lives on pre prepared food from M and S or eats at dumps like prett a manky or whatever they call it but is now buying actual food as she is self locked up lol. How many out there that have bought all the food that peeps like us know how to cook are actualy clueless as to what to do with it?

I read that one of the bin men said that some bins were as heavy as after Christmas

19 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I read that one of the bin men said that some bins were as heavy as after Christmas

Stick it in a roasting pan, cover with foil, put in pre heated oven, medium hot.

Normally you get what you ask for.

1 hour ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

No salt??!!

?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by LadyG

14 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

How many out there that have bought all the food that peeps like us know how to cook are actualy clueless as to what to do with it?

Yes how many of those who cleared the shelves of bread baking ingredients don't have the faintest idea what to do with them, glad I still had some left.

Just heard this morning my local gin distillery is now making hand sanitiser for the hospital but is having trouble finding appropriate containers for it.

1 hour ago, buccaneer66 said:

Yes how many of those who cleared the shelves of bread baking ingredients don't have the faintest idea what to do with them, glad I still had some left.

Just heard this morning my local gin distillery is now making hand sanitiser for the hospital but is having trouble finding appropriate containers for it.

We dug out from the back of our larger cupboard two part packs of bread mix and some dried yeast - all well beyond its best before dates - by some years! Made a loaf for lunch yesterday - quite tasty in the end. At least it rose and was not unleavened bread . . .

• Greenie 1

27 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

We dug out from the back of our larger cupboard two part packs of bread mix and some dried yeast - all well beyond its best before dates - by some years! Made a loaf for lunch yesterday - quite tasty in the end. At least it rose and was not unleavened bread . . .

Good info. Yesterday Mrs. Athy found similar items lurking at the back of her "baking cupboard". She was unsure whether to use the out-of-date ingredients. Encouraged by you, I'll tell her that she can.

2 hours ago, buccaneer66 said:

We always make our bread both at home and on the boat, brought the last of the flour and yeast home from the boat

15 minutes ago, Athy said:

Good info. Yesterday Mrs. Athy found similar items lurking at the back of her "baking cupboard". She was unsure whether to use the out-of-date ingredients. Encouraged by you, I'll tell her that she can.

Remind Mrs Athy to pick the weevils out first.