Provisions

mrsmelly

Featured Posts

38 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I have put this in general boating so more will see it. In the present climate many people are finding it hard to buy basic provisions due to eejuts that are bulk buying. If you are one of these idiots please read no further. For sensible human beans who havnt bought everybody elses food up this is for you. The Pig Place shop at the moment has stuff you may need. The muppets are generaly supermarket shoppers so this place although busier than normal still has stuff. NOTHING has been overpriced and is precisely its normal price. At present there are plenty of proper free range eggs, bacon, pork etc though much is frozen due to time of year. There is pasta at normal prices, beans BOG ROLLS and other stuff. If you need owt and dont want to risk the drive/boat down and find there isnt what you want please message me and I will check and hold if we have it.

I know this looks commercial but in the present climate please take it on the true value its meant as its of assistance to forum members.

Taa

Tim

A good thought - sadly someone with a "chelsea tractor" will probably clear it out soon although they will probably have a hangover today

I should add that Mr.S. sought permission to "advertise" this shop, and that it's been allowed as it is useful information at this time.

Some members might like to know if their shop also sells beers and wines.

Edited by Athy

2 hours ago, Phil. said:

Do you do deliveries, I’m having a devil of a job getting an Ocado slot. 

I dont mind helping out those in REAL need you old goat ?

3 hours ago, Athy said:

I should add that Mr.S. sought permission to "advertise" this shop, and that it's been allowed as it is useful information at this time.

Some members might like to know if their shop also sells beers and wines.

Indeed sir, beer, wine and gin and cider and other stuff.

In other news we have just popped to Tesco which was at normal levels of shopper or may be a tad quieter than normal. There was very little fresh meat left but they were just about to restock and the fruit and veg etc etc were full. Maybe most of the muppets are now fully stocked? Lets hope they all have power cuts and their freezers blow up!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I dont mind helping out those in REAL need you old goat ?

Indeed sir, beer, wine and gin and cider and other stuff.

In other news we have just popped to Tesco which was at normal levels of shopper or may be a tad quieter than normal. There was very little fresh meat left but they were just about to restock and the fruit and veg etc etc were full. Maybe most of the muppets are now fully stocked? Lets hope they all have power cuts and their freezers blow up!!

Good news aboutTesco. 

Being of a charitable nature (heavens knows why), I wonder whether the current blitz of shops stock is more due to blind fright amongs the population.

News services and the government say 'stay at home ,don't go out, et al'  Thus naturally peeps rush out and grab what they can - becaus they know no better. Those of 'us' who've been around a bit longer and remember when shortages were the order of the day, look on in horror.

Hopefully the hordes will now stay at home - reducing the risk of spreading the pox a bit further - and those of a more sanguine disposition  can venture forth and reap the benefit of fresh stocks unhindered.....

as a slight aside - I appluad you, Tim, for getting some stocks in. There's little oportinity for any shopping on the South Oxford below Banbury and the luxury of parking mooring outside as well as charging up your hybrid boat is just some of the delights of the location...

• Greenie 1

Went into my local Polish supermarket not far from our house & they had loads of stuff.As my dad was a Pole-I'm usually there for Polish meats/sausages,bread,beer,cakes,jars of stew etc.Today-I could have had long life milk,loo roll,eggies,tins of veg etc. I didn't as I have some so left it for others.Did buy Polish beers & some of my usual faves.Then went into our local paper shop where we got 2 bottles of 59p tonic for our G&Ts-not posh tonic but does the job !

Edited by The Bearwood Boster

12 minutes ago, The Bearwood Boster said:

Then went into our local paper shop where we got 2 bottles of 59p tonic for our G&Ts-not posh tonic but does the job !

Oh now that's odd. I find the brand of tonic makes a BIG difference to one's G&T. 

Probably more difference that the gin itself. 

In fact don't get me onto gin with too little alcohol in it. Gordons should be ashamed of themselves! 

• Happy 1

6 minutes ago, buccaneer66 said:

The gin does make a difference I'm lucky enough to have a distillery only a couple miles away

On the news last night a few gin distilleries have switched to making hand sanitiser!

• Haha 1