My extension

Lord Belvoir

Featured Posts

46 minutes ago, Richard T said:

This question might get answered if it were in the vintage engine section where RWLP might see it.

Poor chap, his name has only four letters and yet he's the most misspelt member of the forum.

Moved as suggested.

On 20/03/2020 at 18:45, OptedOut said:

Remove timing gear cover and undo the 4 bolts.

Ext Shaft.JPG

Yes that's the extension shaft on the crankshaft pinion....I've removed the 4 bolts on the oil thrower...now on the flange which is part of the shaft theres about 3/4" depth that I can tap a 12mm thread in....then I could get 4×12×130 bolts in with a plate on top so could attach a slide hammer to......any thoughts on this or am I missing something?

37 minutes ago, Lord Belvoir said:

Richard thanks for your reply.....mate I've  tried everything been at it since Thursday....bloody things driving me nuts

Let me check so I can be certain, I'm pretty sure that the extension is bolted on and located with a dowel. The drive gear in the Lister Blackstone box is something like that and usually comes off with a little strategic hammering

Let me see if I can find a gear so you can see what's on the back of the flange

Richard

Edited by RLWP

On 20/03/2020 at 17:50, Athy said:

Poor chap, his name has only four letters and yet he's the most misspelt member of the forum.

Moved as suggested.

Disarranged my grandads again. They'll come and haunt you

1 minute ago, Lord Belvoir said:

Richard just quick one...when ordering bearing shells how do you know ya getting something decent and not something that's going to melt 3 months down the cut

Oh dear - it all depends

Genuine Lister ones can be almost anything nowadays, I have just had to swap a pair in an SR3 because they didn't install properly. I fitted an identical pair and they were fine - genuine Lister, same manufacturer

If you are lucky, we will have old stock bearing shells, otherwise it's pot luck

Richard

Just now, bizzard said:

Vandervill and Glacier were-are one of the most well known makers of shell bearings, which is what I always used on vehicle engines.

Good luck finding those

Richard

2 hours ago, bizzard said:

Vandervill and Glacier were-are one of the most well known makers of shell bearings, which is what I always used on vehicle engines.

Vandervell , from Tony Vandervell of Vanwall Racing fame, and owner of Thinwall Bearings

ETA his dad was the founder of CAV

Edited by Stilllearning