Marina pump out facilities may close due to Coronavirus

Grassman

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, jake_crew said:

During World wars I and II,American foot soldiers were only issued about 10 individual squares of toilet paper to keep backpack weight and volume to a minimum.If a soldier needed to wipe his butt,he would take one square of toilet paper and fold it into quarters. He would then tear out a semicircular portion from the common corner which left a hole in the middle of the paper when unfolded.He would then stick his forefinger through the hole and wipe his ass with the protruding finger. The paper was grasped at the base of the finger with the free hand while the soiled finger was slowly pulled free of the paper.The contaminated square was then discarded and the corner previously removed was used to clean from under the fingernail.

Pictures or it never happened ...

:icecream:

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/03/2020 at 08:40, Grassman said:

I meant to ask in my original thread if you know of any other marinas who are either stopping or considering stopping serving customers? If true it' just seems over the top to me and very unfair on their moorers who are paying the exorbitant fees, many of whom are reliant upon on them. Also any passing boaters who are expecting to get fuel of a pump out.

Marina owners are acting on advice given to them and on the requirements of their insurers. These owners have a duty of care to both their staff and their moorers. My marina has lockdowned on advice given to them. Only moorers who were in the marina at the time of the lockdown are allowed to stay. Due to the non-essential travel rule which includes long distance travel to your primary residence. Other moorers who were not on their boats have been told to stay at home. By restricting access to marina services to only the remaining berth holders who are unable to travel. The risk of spreading the virus is much reduced.

On 20/03/2020 at 21:52, Captain Fizz said:

We all wish we kept those old Yellow Pages now!!

now, where did I put that mail order catalogue?

No copies of Towpath Waffle aboard or have you used them all up to light the fire.