Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, IanD said:

We were the cheerful ones (without green trousers and with beer), you obviously didn't spot us... 😉

(the Flower Market had asked for some dancing and booked a couple of spots...)

Yes, everyone enjoyed it who I spoke too, to be honest. It was good to see you’s there. That’s the busiest it’s been so far, more stalls then usual. Hope you enjoyed the weekend, the warm weather and the beer around the Kellham.
 The Canal basin is just behind on the photo, there’s a couple of pubs there too, one does real ale and only a short walk to the train station, all the best and hope your boat is coming along as planned👍

12 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Yes, everyone enjoyed it who I spoke too, to be honest. It was good to see you’s there. That’s the busiest it’s been so far, more stalls then usual. Hope you enjoyed the weekend, the warm weather and the beer around the Kellham.
 The Canal basin is just behind on the photo, there’s a couple of pubs there too, one does real ale and only a short walk to the train station, all the best and hope your boat is coming along as planned👍

Having started at Shakespeare's at 11am (they opened specially...) we went on afterwards to dance at the Sheffield Tap before getting the train back -- great weekend, large quantities of delicious beer at Sheffield prices consumed, much fun was had by all. You should have come over and said hello... 🙂

Boat is coming along as planned, last hitch was the question of whether the planned bike locker (which tapers in both directions) would be deep enough, so I had to borrow a friend's Brompton and drive up to Stoke (and back) yesterday to check. 300 mile round trip but couldn't find any alternative -- still, better than finding out it won't fit *after* the boat is built... 😉

Edited by IanD

On this day in 2021

spacer.png

7019711_117d0d9b_1024x1024.jpg

7019716_08bffd71_1024x1024.jpg

The Barden Aqueduct Bridge carries the Nidd Aqueduct over the River Wharfe hence water from Angram and Scar House reservoirs in upper Nidderdale to Chelker reservoir above Addingham, and  to the city of Bradford.  Photos  ©MichaelDibb through Geograph  (#2)  (#3)

20 hours ago, IanD said:

so I had to borrow a friend's Brompton and drive up to Stoke (and back) yesterday to check. 300 mile round trip but couldn't find any alternative

You could have cycled the Brompton there and back. There are always alternatives. 😀

Jen, a former Brompton owner, who wouldn't have done it either!

9 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

You could have cycled the Brompton there and back. There are always alternatives. 😀

Jen, a former Brompton owner, who wouldn't have done it either!

I did try finding a Facebook friend who could drop one in for an hour or so, but the ones nearby don't have Bromptons and the ones who have Bromptons aren't nearby... 😞

I even looked into buying a new one and getting it delivered to TT but the earliest anyone could do it was this Friday, and Tim needed to start the locker build on Tuesday morning -- which is why cycling there wouldn't have worked, even if my legs had been up to it... 😉

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 1

On this day in 2007

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Knight's Way Bridge and Crown Point Weir Leeds  A+C and Leeds Lock   A+C. Inside Royal Armouries.

Compare 17Oct2007  5Jul2011  20Dec2011  10Jan2012  23Jan2013  27Mar2013/27Mar2014   27Mar2014  26Jun2014  19Mar2015  10Nov2015  (#2) 25Nov2015  26Dec2015  19Sep2017  11Sep2018  8Mar2019   6Feb2020  9Jul2020  30Jan2021  30Jun2021