Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

21 hours ago, Rob-M said:

I've thought about using the sign post but not sure it would be strong enough.

Last time i went from Icknield Port we went up Smethwick and down Spon Lane just to use them.

Glad I am not the only idiot on here

• Happy 1

These are the metric dimensions of my friend Leigh Wootton's barge in France. A tonnage of 1454 needs a draught of 2.72 metres, more than the old canal beside the upper Seine can handle. 1,000 tonnes is thus the present-day limit here.

What got Leigh his present contact however is the ability to get the boat back with empty containers on board - thanks to this ballast tank, and one aft. Together they take 90 tonnes of water, enabling the vessel to get beneath the bridges with millimetres to spare (They sheared the head off a rivet once at the bridge before Nogent).

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 21.34.49.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 21.36.27.png

Here they are on the way back to Nogent-sur-Seine.

:

Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 21.41.17.png

France 3.jpg

Edited by John Liley
Added explanation
  • Greenie 4

Yesterday Coventry Basin. A floating library with a National collection of short stories https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/19330266.first-look-inside-floating-library-featuring-collection-short-stories/

Boat is a new build, eye catching, and while at first I wasn't impressed actually she is an interesting deviation from the norm, lovely quirky bits and overall I liked the boat. 

See pictures below, (I have more but cant manage to compress  as usual exceed Mb. how do you add from an iphone without exceeding Mb...  😐)

Edited by Stroudwater1