Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

The platform of my local station is curved, and the length of the trains (often 12 coaches) meant that the driver could not see the guard. For many years the platform has had key switch-operated illuminated indicators at several points along the platform, operated by the platform staff now that most trains are one man only. When the train is ready to depart, "CD" (Close Doors) is lit, and when the station man has checked that all doors have been closed properly (and no-one has been trapped!) "RA" (Right Away) is lit. 

Edited by Ronaldo47
typo

When I viewed Secunda, and decided to purchase,she was very smart, with an equally smart dinghy. When I came to take her over the dinghy had been switched for a scruffy one with a dent in the side. The previous owners, meanwhile, had disappreared into the labyrinth †hat the Dutch system provides Still, it was useful on occasions (yes, there is rubbish in the Belgian canals too).

Eventually, though, we found the dinghy too heavy and awkward, particularly near the Nivernais summit, where the 31 metre locks did not leave us room to dangle it from the crane at the stern. Plastic Sportyaks proved a better bet. The steel thing then was consigned to havimg flowers planted in it, for display in the port at Ayxerre.

Steel dinghyjpg.jpg

PICT0892.jpg

• Greenie 1

On  this day in 2016

spacer.png

spacer.pngCircus Field Aylesbury

Wetdock

Painting Fulbourne cabin sides and front

and replacing the top cloths

Compare

posted 30Mar2020 - also this day #242

spacer.png

Edited by PeterScott
replacement pic

The winter of 2019 was very dry in Burgundy and at the end of March this reservoir would normally be full up to the row of stakes. This feeds the Burgundy Canal and it is called Grand Bois. Things didn’t look good for boating and the Yonne side closed in July

6A8899BF-D03C-4C76-B987-2843CBE3D49A.jpeg

Edited by Dav and Pen
Spelling
  • Greenie 1

12 hours ago, David Mack said:

That's a tonic and nice on the waterways now??

It's good to see early Springers - some now over 50 years old - still active. When they built this one, they hadn't yet got the hang of providing sufficient interior storage space.

Edited by Athy

3 hours ago, Athy said:

It's good to see early Springers - some now over 50 years old - still active. When they built this one, they hadn't yet got the hang of providing sufficient interior storage space.

I did not realise that Springers were so small = just received an ad from ebay listing a 48 inch Springer Narrow Boat - only £12,300 provided that you collect in person. Fully 6'10 beam!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/284231472924?campaign-id=90001&run-date=20210331023000&templateId=0bff632b-c44d-4b26-aa5d-5d92d3981176&templateVersion=483&co=14600&placement-type=mfe.piyi2P&user-id=45311131554&instance=1617183000&site-id=3&trackingCode=TE76002_T_ALL&placement-type-name=mfe.piyi2P&mfe-Id=101269

2 minutes ago, Mike Todd said:

I like that, its nicely fitted out.