Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

52 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Peter don't know if it is because the last two photos are .png but they do not show for me?

Thank you.

Anderton Marina tree once more from a different image

spacer.png

and another (smaller) version of the one before ...

L1797_20111222_0050s.jpg.fc8eb782bf63300b7fba5ac864283c3a.jpgThey are all .jpg and this one is hosted on the CWDF site, whereas its earlier version #4616 and the one above are on 4shared mainly because I was running out of CWDF's allowance of photo-gigabytes. (I also use the nice Mr Google's photos sometimes, and they have the additional entertainment of needing to set their security to 'shared' which I have on occasion messed up.)

In either case the hosting website may be slow / annoyed and fail to show the images properly until it becomes happier.

I don't usually check photos or the format on a tablet / phone / Android so that's another possible cause of irritation.

If all else fails, they are all computers, so I press the reset button, say "what an incredibly stupid machine" and switch the thing on again ?

9 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

DSCF0999Blog.jpgDo you know where this is  ?

8 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Shutt Hill lock I think.

Yes, brilliant. I couldn't have named the lock offhand, although 'S+W' came to mind.

P8305834s.jpg.d905f5b103b442fbc65109ea87390b26.jpg

This is from end of August 2020 when we passed that way. It is tucked in a corner twixt lock and bridge, with its protective wall, and so no picturey reason to click on the context of where it is; it seems I did in June 2019. Takes forever here to have a descending boat on its way and a waiting boat into the lock ... P6098601s.jpg.37ea3668932eb05cd9638c36b55337da.jpg

Edited by PeterScott
spelling
  • Greenie 1