Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

On this day in 2008

spacer.png

spacer.pngSouth of Leighton Buzzard GUSouth

In lots of navigational situations, it's just the one cameraclick for the ideal image. In this case a bicycle was following (the support-team maybe?) and that makes it hard to see the point of the picture. So here is both the original image and the amended one.

Maybe a special unicycle event, rather than a regular off-to-do-the-shopping?

2 minutes ago, DandV said:

And if the row boat had gone over the waterfall where did the accident occur? 

Where? Wear wier,   of course.

Row row your boat

Gently down the stream

Don't go over the weir

Or you'll have to scream!

Edited by TheBiscuits

3 minutes ago, DandV said:

Peter lovely autumn photos by the way.

Thanks.

Yes, I agree.  I think @PeterScott's photo library has been one of the best things about this thread.  It's been one of the best threads on the forum this year, so thanks are also due to @DandV for starting it.

Now I just need to find that youtube video of Peter gatecrashing the L&L bicentenary at Blackburn while ITV were filming it ...

• Happy 1

51 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Yes, I agree.  I think @PeterScott's photo library has been one of the best things about this thread.  It's been one of the best threads on the forum this year, so thanks are also due to @DandV for starting it.

Now I just need to find that youtube video of Peter gatecrashing the L&L bicentenary at Blackburn while ITV were filming it ...

The thread was started purely for self interest and I have been rewarded beyond my wildest expectations. Thanks for all who have contributed. Keep going please.

From afar, the "this day" format really emphasises those profound, and enjoyable seasonal changes you have, in the UK compared with our much more muted seasonal changes here.

The variety of boating and locations have been welcome additions.

Now I look forward to that video of a gatecrash on the L&L in front of the TV cameras.

All the best in these difficult times.