Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Dav and Pen said:

Duck.

53ACE717-D3BB-42CB-9A0E-046D355AA21F.jpeg

L03284a.jpg.8c2836ced586c20625ea1b5a3bb8e515.jpgI've got one of those too ? Sadly it really needs rescanning in greater res. And it's Sandpiper (rather than Crane) and we are going t'other way in 1980. Other than that ...

13 minutes ago, PeterScott said:

53ACE717-D3BB-42CB-9A0E-046D355AA21F.jpeg

L03284a.jpg.8c2836ced586c20625ea1b5a3bb8e515.jpgI've got one of those too ? Sadly it really needs rescanning in greater res. And it's Sandpiper (rather than Crane) and we are going t'other way in 1980. Other than that ...

This was Tadworth we did a round trip from Braunston

10 hours ago, Dav and Pen said:

This was Tadworth we did a round trip from Braunston

P2246803.JPG.4b612933baec95b80cfc2858ede8e937.JPG

Ah, yes, we did a GU/Thames/Oxford fortnight from Rugby including a visit to Old Father Thames and the tidal bit under Tower Bridge (clockwise) - so twice in at Brentford.

P2246784a.JPG.bad713276e61b99889c1aaaaa36de1aa.JPG

Quick visit-in-passing in February this year had the Thames in a bit of a ragey-mood, but no boats moving to compare the headroom.

Edited by PeterScott
year not hear

On this day in 2015

L2320_20150425_0032.JPG.edf0c746c9a8c7e6730c9a599c3f21e2.JPG

On 19/03/2020 at 05:53, DandV said:

...boating activities and wildlife are still stunningly beautiful and give joy...

Propcleanings at the North Circular Aqueduct Paddington Branch GU. Much enjoyment to be had in the completion of removal thereof.

Edited by PeterScott

6 hours ago, Dav and Pen said:

Aynho

C76DC5CF-6559-4C21-BF4C-6076AF3F0792.jpeg

If I were a betting man I would put 5p on this being Shipton Weir Lock, with the wide expanse at the top of the photograph being the river Cherwell and the photographer standing on the footbridge - the footbridge being a nuisance when going downhill with an empty grand Union motor as the cratch catches if the Cherwell is up a bit :captain: 

23 minutes ago, pete harrison said:

If I were a betting man I would put 5p on this being Shipton Weir Lock, with the wide expanse at the top of the photograph being the river Cherwell and the photographer standing on the footbridge - the footbridge being a nuisance when going downhill with an empty grand Union motor as the cratch catches if the Cherwell is up a bit :captain: 

I would bet 10p...

4 hours ago, Scholar Gypsy said:

There's a nice mooring off to the right of the lock, you can tie up to a nice strong post that used to have a "no mooring" sign on it. It's not entirely obvious who the land belongs to, I would assume it's CRT as it is part of the lock structure.

Yes I believe CRT and was a great place to overnight. Sadly someone decided to long term moor there a few years back...don't know if they are still there.

4 hours ago, pete harrison said:

Times must be harder for me than they are you as I thought 5p was being flippant, even though I knew I was right - but I  am not a betting man so it is my loss on this occasion :captain:

I might have stretched to 15p

• Greenie 1