Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

On 04/04/2020 at 08:40, Balliol said:

...owned Willow Wren Hire Cruisers (WWHC) in Rugby from 1981 till 1993,...

On this day on 2002: Crane approaching heading north along the Northern Oxford, not far from base, towards Hawkesbury

L0907_20020411_0034a.jpg.dc65b21c5292b40fe4f8d9eeb379e31c.jpg

and the first Willow Wren Hire Cruisers camper Crane aground on the Southern Stratford in 1974

L00390.jpg

4 hours ago, PeterScott said:

On this day in 2010, passing Jordan's weir, Sheffield and South Yorkshire Navigations heading for Tinsley flight and Sheffield Basin

L1638_20100412_0050.JPG

Thanks Peter, I am enjoying  your "on this day" series. Especially as it tracks those seasonal changes in vegetation that are so profound in the UK.

Take care, tis dangerous out there at the moment. Witches, Goblins and Lurgies out after prey.

7 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Bagged this mooring. Possibly the prettiest we ever been on.

bath narrow boat trip 090.jpg

Have they reopened those moorings? We had a memorable day there on a hire boat in 2009.

The boat got burgled, but the burglar was confronted by the other couple on our boat and pulled a knife whereupon a group of fishermen flattened the burglar.

A couple of days later it was the second item on the local radio news bulletin, following the news of Michael Jacksons death.

I always wondered if the burglar wasn't the same one operating on the K&A about three years later. When he burgled us he had only been out of Gloucester about three days, a hopeless alcoholic with a sad list of previous. He got 4 1/2 years. 

8 minutes ago, DandV said:

Have they reopened those moorings? We had a memorable day there on a hire boat in 2009.

The boat got burgled, but the burglar was confronted by the other couple on our boat and pulled a knife whereupon a group of fishermen flattened the burglar.

A couple of days later it was the second item on the local radio news bulletin, following the news of Michael Jacksons death.

I always wondered if the burglar wasn't the same one operating on the K&A about three years later. When he burgled us he had only been out of Gloucester about three days, a hopeless alcoholic with a sad list of previous. He got 4 1/2 years. 

Re-opened? not sure, this was a good few years back.

Two stubbies. I think one may be owned by a forum member!  ;)

I took these 2012.

022c.jpg

014c.jpg

Edited by mark99

On this day in 2017, Staffs&WorcsCanal with Deptmore Lock in the background

L2613_20170413_0011.JPG.11ead5c3e398f5951e25861344fc4cac.JPG

15 hours ago, DandV said:

Thanks Peter, I am enjoying  your "on this day" series. Especially as it tracks those seasonal changes in vegetation that are so profound in the UK.

Yes, thanks. I'm enjoying the therapy of looking at canal pics when we can't be afloat. The seasonal progression seems to throw up the occasional snowy morning. Such is the UK weather I suppose. ?