Tonic required. Send in your photos of what is nice on the waterways now.

DandV

Featured Posts

On 19/03/2020 at 05:53, DandV said:

...boating activities and wildlife are still stunningly beautiful...

This one's not particularly wild, but doesn't look particularly pleased, either: we were both happy to have a fence between us: by the Caldon Canal ' a bit ago'

Ostritch1.JPG

26 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Side wall of houses attached to The Greyhound at Sutton Stop. There is also a similar silhouette on the arch of the bridge.

That is the puddy tat on the bridge, one that Enzo doesn't chase and I can salivate over beer and pork ribs???

31 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

And for the first time in ages, the bells in that tower were silent this morning....

Sad days, love the sound even if a non attendee. I know it's only a short walk to fetch pies and triple smoked streaky once the rainclouds have cleared. Enjoy the abuse as well which he doesn't charge for

Just now, WhiteSuit said:

That is the puddy tat on the bridge, one that Enzo doesn't chase and I can salivate over beer and pork ribs???

Like many other pubs The Greyhound is now shut for goodness knows how long.

I usually go there for lunch on Wednesdays. Back to bread and dripping.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSuit said:

Sad days, love the sound even if a non attendee. 

Should you fancy learning to ring the bells, being a churchgoer is not mandatory. Most ringers are not.

Traditionally there has often been a degree of 'tension' shall we say, between bellringers and the clergy. Drinking in the tower, swearing, wearing of hats, taking the Lord's name in vain, all manner of stuff that pishes the vicar off. But if the vicar tries to crack the whip, he risks getting told to ring his own bells for the wedding on Saturday...

10 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Traditionally there has often been a degree of 'tension' shall we say, between bellringers and the clergy. Drinking in the tower, swearing, wearing of hats, taking the Lord's name in vain, all manner of stuff that pishes the vicar off. But if the vicar tries to crack the whip, he risks getting told to ring his own bells for the wedding on Saturday...

?

21 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Should you fancy learning to ring the bells, being a churchgoer is not mandatory. Most ringers are not.

Love the back story, or is it the upstairs story?

Thanks for continuing to post those photos. Things have been changing rapidly here, a couple of days ago over 70's were told to stay at home and all  to limit travel to essential only. Which was level 1 of the 4 stage lockdown depending on circumstances. Next day level 2 two days later level 3 with level 4 being total lockdown for everybody, emergency services and provisioning excepted starting within the next 48 hours. To last a minimum of 4 weeks. We now have our first cases of community transmission hence the escalation. Only a handful of hospital admissions, none critical as yet, no fatalities but obviously it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better as more kiwis return from overseas.

I had my annual doctor's consultation by phone this morning. The street outside is noticeably far less busy and an essential trip by bus this morning we were the only passengers, card fares only and enter and exit by back door only. 

Big changes and these are just the start.

But a question. Where are those photos of those gorgeous spring flowers that must be out now?

Edited by DandV