London Canal Museum Closing due to the coronavirus situation

Tim Lewis

Featured Posts

"With great regret we are closing the museum from Thursday 19th March until further notice due to the coronavirus emergency. People are not visiting museums in accordance with the government advice, and many of the volunteers on whom we depend are unavailable for the duration of the emergency.

The museum will continue to be active online and responsive to enquiries about future visits, private hire, education visits etc."

• Sad 1

We have a similar problem with Kennet. The events arranged at Bingley and Keighley have been cancelled/postponed to 2021, and we are waiting to hear from Skipton. The cost of maintaining Kennet has to be found, so a bit of a worry with no donations coming in. The displays have been redesigned, but fortunately they have not gone for printing yet.

The Canal History Workshop at Titford for March 28th 2020 has been postponed.

Martin I Keeffe sends the following

The workshop is postponed to a date to be arranged. Those who have booked and have paid can have the fee held over to the new date  or refunded. If they could advise me one way or the other that would be helpful my email is hecla777@hotmail.com.

• 3 months later...