C&RT Council Meeting - Leeds

Ian Mac

Featured Posts

Just to keep you all informed, the Council Meeting due to happen in Leeds next week has been cancelled due to coronavirus.  It will be rescheduled at a later time.
My personal opinion is that we might be lucky if they can hold the APM and council meeting in September, given the current progress of the virus. I am also rather happier personally that I don't have to go over to Leeds and sit in a meeting for most of a day, I would rather be outside volunteering currently.

The C&RT Council is the least of the real things failing to this pandemic.
I also note with great sadness that the Mikron Tour for 2020 has also been cancelled, I was looking forwards to learning about Crufts and Football, this year.

However the meeting of elected Reps which was due to happen before the council meeting is still going ahead, only via the Internet which should be an interesting experience.

--

Cheers Ian Mac

26 minutes ago, Peterowan NB Journeyman said:

cheers Ian. I've just started this petition, not in an adversarial way, but to raise the topic. Any idea what thoughts are coming from C&RT about boat movements? Canal & Rivers Trust - suspend the continuous cruising distance rules for COVID-19. Best wishes, Peter

HI  Peter,

Welcome to the madness of Canalworld Discussion Forums!

(And I fear it can only get madder as we all sit at home banned from any eventing in our worlds of Canal, Folk & Dance!....)

48 minutes ago, Balliol said:

As of 06.45 this morning all navigation by pleasure craft on all Flemish waterways has been prohibited. France is likely to follow.

France has already stopped pleasure boating, you will need to translate 

https://www.vnf.fr/vnf/alertes/mesures-exceptionnelles-mises-en-place-sur-le-reseau-vnf/?fbclid=IwAR0v9ZUBJC9kg2PgJtyP6bA6E5CZqaEY8LdM0hxiUgF6dCWGrKXoZNMzjI8