Covid-19, 14 day rule?

Bewildered

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Travelling 200 miles in car and then seeing no-one is better than not travelling and touching 2 new people.

Better still to do neither. We don't need to see or touch another person in order to infect them. 

Humans are infectious and shedding virus onto things they touch or cough near for five days before they show symptoms and get ill. The virus survives typcially three days for anyone coming along later and touching any of those surfaces, AIUI.

33 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Better still to do neither. We don't need to see or touch another person in order to infect them. 

Humans are infectious and shedding virus onto things they touch or cough near for five days before they show symptoms and get ill. The virus survives typcially three days for anyone coming along later and touching any of those surfaces, AIUI.

Not arguing with that: I just wanted to point out the fallacy of all the "The out-of-towners are coming to infect us!" posts I'm seeing.

MP.

Just been shopping. First I tried the home delivery crap bu no hope. So I went to the nearly empty well stocked shop and strolled round 20 feet from anybody else and had a lovely relaxed shop. Then popped to the local butcher and had a choice of real meat. 

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

Just been shopping. First I tried the home delivery crap bu no hope. So I went to the nearly empty well stocked shop and strolled round 20 feet from anybody else and had a lovely relaxed shop. Then popped to the local butcher and had a choice of real meat. 

Asda in Norwich are limiting 5 customers in the shop at any on time this morning, The lady who got shopping for my older sister quede for an hour outside 

1 hour ago, ditchcrawler said:

Asda in Norwich are limiting 5 customers in the shop at any on time this morning, The lady who got shopping for my older sister quede for an hour outside 

Isn't it weird how places differ. The coop was dead which is usually busy. Boots chemist had nobody in and the post office had myself and one other, we had a server each. I was the only one in the butcher and one came in as I left. So pleased I didn't do a muppet shop. The eejuts have gone. ?

Now that the 14 day rule has been suspended, how long will it be before all the visitor moorings, in towns with supermarkets, are permanently hogged by selfish boaters? I'm happily moored out in the wilds but at some point will need to cruise into town to use the services and stock up on shopping. This seems to me to be the sensible way to isolate; I just wonder if I will find a mooring in town when I need one?

17 hours ago, Bewildered said:

Now that the 14 day rule has been suspended, how long will it be before all the visitor moorings, in towns with supermarkets, are permanently hogged by selfish boaters? I'm happily moored out in the wilds but at some point will need to cruise into town to use the services and stock up on shopping. This seems to me to be the sensible way to isolate; I just wonder if I will find a mooring in town when I need one?

Absolutely little attention being paid to CRT instruction r.e Covid 19 , sadly it seems that many just feel they can do what they like so I wouldn't stress over the possibility of not finding a mooring .

On 17/03/2020 at 19:57, mrsmelly said:

Enjoy your boating. Life goes on but for a miniscule minority that will be unlucky.

On 17/03/2020 at 21:50, mrsmelly said:

Yes precisely. A tiny minority will die whilst many thousands will lose their lively hoods due to overkill. 

?