living on a boat

tracey08

Featured Posts

On 15/03/2020 at 16:31, tracey08 said:

Hi all my name is Tracey, and looking for pros and cons to living on a boat please. My husband has been into boats all his live and has aked me to go on live on one in the next 5 years. we have a weekend boat, but i am under no illusions on how different it will be living on on. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Tracey

Hi, before we bought our boat we hired a narrowboat for a holiday. It was very worthwhile as it taught us lots, not only the things we wanted but even more useful the things we just couldnt live with. It took about two and a half years to find the right boat but we have lived happily aboard for more than six years now. 

Dont rush into making any decisions you might regret later. 

After much discussion over the weekend we have decided that we both need to go our ways on the living on a boat situation. So i took on one last trip on Khashoggi and after a barny during the cruise i had to use her as an anchor due to the wind taking the boat out of control,  so one way or another now she is coming. 

Ah well 

On 15/03/2020 at 16:31, tracey08 said:

Hi all my name is Tracey, and looking for pros and cons to living on a boat please. My husband has been into boats all his live and has aked me to go on live on one in the next 5 years. we have a weekend boat, but i am under no illusions on how different it will be living on on. Any advice will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you.

Tracey

Pros: leaning out of your side hatch with a whisky, watching the sunset, completely alone, no other boats for miles, surrounded by beautiful countryside and wildlife and thinking 'I get to live like this every day' is indescribably beautiful.

Cons: it's really dull when you're pulling your floor up trying to find the source of all the trespassing water, while playing a sliding-block-puzzle with all your possessions because you have nowhere to put them while you tear the floor up.

• Greenie 1