Couple of water pump questions

Featured Posts

I’m just fitting a Seaflo pump (identical to Sureflo I believe). I’m just not confident about the supplied pipe connectors - ‘hand tighten’ thumb wheel type that appear to have no conventional method of sealing. Just how tight is hand tight?

i also need to fit the filter separately which leaves me with a female end on the filter that there’s no obvious coupling for. 
I've read that tap connectors have been used on the pump but also that they’ve failed! And I could fit a 1/2 bsp on the filter but I think that’s a bit of a bodge. 
Anyone got any experience of these fittings? Beginning to wish I’d bought a Jabsco!

31 minutes ago, starman said:

I’m just fitting a Seaflo pump (identical to Sureflo I believe). I’m just not confident about the supplied pipe connectors - ‘hand tighten’ thumb wheel type that appear to have no conventional method of sealing. Just how tight is hand tight?

i also need to fit the filter separately which leaves me with a female end on the filter that there’s no obvious coupling for. 
I've read that tap connectors have been used on the pump but also that they’ve failed! And I could fit a 1/2 bsp on the filter but I think that’s a bit of a bodge. 
Anyone got any experience of these fittings? Beginning to wish I’d bought a Jabsco!

I have hose tails on mine, I think I have a seaflo in the other room, I will have a look

15 minutes ago, David Mack said:

Looks like Seaflow make hose tails for these pumps. Pobably available from elsewhere too.

http://www.seaflo.com/en-us/product/detail/1019.html

5 minutes ago, starman said:

Yes but I’m not convinced they will work. The jabsco push in types seem much better. 

I have had exactly the type of connector that David as linked to on a te last boat.  Very straightforward, and, (in our case at least), totally problem free. (Unlike the pump they were connected to!....)

10 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I have had exactly the type of connector that David as linked to on a te last boat.  Very straightforward, and, (in our case at least), totally problem free. (Unlike the pump they were connected to!....)

Ah well that’s good news ... and bad news ?

13 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Do you want my Jabsco ones to try, they push in with a hose tail.

Thanks kind but they are different - I just meant the push and lock sort Jabsco use seem much better than these thumbscrew types from Seaflo. 

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have a Seaflow on the boat and I didnt change the couplings when I changed the pump. Just message me your address. If they don't fit its back to plan one

?

13 hours ago, Slim said:

I've often seen Seaflow products and wondered "why so cheap?". What is the general view of their products ( yes, I know they're badged Chinese items) 

The one I bought looks identical to the one Lee Sanitation sells other than there name on it. So far my cheep Seaflow has lasted as long as my expensive ones. Watch this space.

On 14/03/2020 at 22:45, starman said:

?

In the post