Electric cables via engine bay accepted by BSS?

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Looking at a number of boats, I'd suggest that few NB builders are even aware of ISO 13297

There is a gulf almost universe-wide between the steel fabricators who actually build boats and the chair polishers in offices at ISO

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

There is a gulf almost universe-wide between the steel fabricators who actually build boats and the chair polishers in offices at ISO

The problem is that they are declaring their boats meet this (and other specifications) when in fact they don't comply.

11 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Some of the people involved with and ISO group are also installers.

The main reason within inland waterways is self-certification, No one to  police the industry 

Edited by Keith M

1 minute ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Eggsactly.

Use whatever they want and just make the declaration that it s been done properly - no one will find out !

Fortunately  some installer do get found out and prosecuted, I have acted  as an expert witness in three case to date

3 minutes ago, Keith M said:

Some of the people involved with and ISO group are also installers.

The main reason within inland waterways is self-certification, No one to  police the industry 

When I asked my last shell builder to sign an Annex III declaration so I could RCD my build, he told me to fark off, he never signs NOTHING. 

I suspect the problem was he could neither read nor write. 

Just now, Mike the Boilerman said:

When I asked my last shell builder to sign an Annex III declaration so I could RCD my build, he told me to fark off, he never signs NOTHING. 

No such thing as an annex III declaration now (since 2017).

A 'sail-away' is now classed as a complete boat and requires full certification to the RCD

However you did get a good hull.

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

No such thing as an annex III declaration now (since 2017).

A 'sail-away' is now classed as a complete boat and requires full certification to the RCD

This was in 1998.

Just now, Keith M said:

However you did get a good hull.

I did, an it is the reason for my comment in post 51.

Different worlds, they inhabit. My shell builder and all those degree edcumacated shirts who draft the RCD stuff.

I guess they are writing the requirements for the EU boat builders who build 100,000+ (??) boats per annum rather than the UK 'skip-fabricators' who build a few 100 per annum.

Selling a Tupperware boat at up to £18m each (as built by Princess boats in Plymouth who have a $1 billion order book) is a very different world to XYZ building 3 or 4 sail-away NB's at £30,000 each.

Can you really write specifications that can cover both ends of such a diverse market ?