Crick Marina and North Kilworth Marina

Traveller

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

And a cottage ...

Dont get me started!! Stuck here until the wazzack estate Agents get it up for sale. At this rate I will be here bloody ages ?

41 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Dont get me started!! Stuck here until the wazzack estate Agents get it up for sale. At this rate I will be here bloody ages ?

In some ways and I am reluctant to admit this, in view of sanitary arrangement, showering cooking and water supplies, a little cottage in a country village sounds luxurious Tim.

Any room for two humans and two Jack Russells. The Jack Russell’s are free from any virus.

(The humans don’t bark at everything that moves, well one of them definitely doesn’t!)

Edited by Nightwatch

38 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

In some ways and I am reluctant to admit this, in view of sanitary arrangement, showering cooking and water supplies, a little cottage in a country village sounds luxurious Tim.

Any room for two humans and two Jack Russells. The Jack Russell’s are free from any virus.

(The humans don’t bark at everything that moves, well one of them definitely doesn’t!)

I agree, I am lucky. I feel for the poor sods in a flat with kids in a high rise block ?

• Greenie 1

7 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I agree, I am lucky. I feel for the poor sods in a flat with kids in a high rise block ?

Absolutely. Am in the same situation, cottage in a small Suffolk village (well hamlet really) surrounded by farmland. Thay can keep their flats (even houses) in London - even if in Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I agree. 

My youngest son and his fiancé can’t have children. She, Who is a junior school teacher, said this morning, I’ll say only once I’m glad I haven’t got children at this moment in time.

Someone else said, I’m fed up of looking after our parents grandchildren.

Hard times being had by all.

5 hours ago, rustynewbery said:

AFAIK, if Wigrams and Crick are like Cropredy, all moorers apart from staff were told to go home to their "Primary Residence" and the gates locked up.  Several moorers turned up at Cropredy to "self-isolate" and were turned away.  So maybe the liveaboards are no longer masters?

No Wigrams is not like Cropredy. All moorers with a primary residence were told to go home. There are a number of peeps there with no primary residence so are on their boats full time. They are still in the marina. Skeleton staff on duty. We left Wigrams last April but Mrs Bob is still on their farcebook page and we still get the information emails. Yesterday evening there was a post that there was a suspected case of the virus in the marina. The peeps on the boat in question were self isolating.

Crick is also in a sort of hollow which can trap smoke in winter, and the local shop sells twice as much housecoal as smokeless. It can get a bit smoggy. The phone (O2) signal is also noticable by it's absence you need to go up the bank.

Just now, Detling said:

Crick is also in a sort of hollow which can trap smoke in winter, and the local shop sells twice as much housecoal as smokeless. It can get a bit smoggy. The phone (O2) signal is also noticable by it's absence you need to go up the bank.

I agree, every time I go through Crick the phone signal is abysmal.not existent on my mobile

Just for the record, Crick marina is still open to liveaboards and overstaying winter moorers who live aboard. Any boats on the summit level are free to use the services. Pump out is just that, no rinse available and diesel is limited to 100 litres.