How often do you take your .......

Featured Posts

I've just spent Yonks compiling a poll for my question.

I put thought into it and tried to cover most eventualities without dragging it out ..... then I hit SUBMIT.

It shot off the screen and was replaced with "OOPS, something went wrong, please do it again"

I don't think so.

Here it is as a question then: -

Since I joined a non for profit Canal Society it only costs me about £60 to have my boat in and out for a 4 month period. So for the last 11 years she's been coming out every 2 years without fail. I do my own blacking and weld on new adenoids.  During the last 3 sessions I feel I've seen noticeably less bitumen wear each time.

So my questions are: -

How often does your steel boat come out for blacking/maintenance?

Is it regular?

DIY or leave it to some other bogger?

Edited by zenataomm
Hunger distracted me

Roughly every two years, last time was July 17 but as its been booked in for  a repaint for 18 months so have left it for an extra 9 months.

Normally DIY, last time 7 coats of KeelBlack......This time its part of the repaint.

In the last 30 years only twice has it not been DIY, once on a previous repaint and the other the offer was so good I paid someone to do it.