Most pleasant way into Birmingham.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Ray T said:

I don't know the most pleasant way into Birmingham but the best way to come out of Birmingham is the A45 to Coventry. :D

Nay lad, the M1 to Yorkshire ;)

Edited by WotEver

6 hours ago, fittie said:

Just got back a week ago from doing the Warwickshire ring and had to go via Camp Hill as we found a bridge out of action on the North Stratford and we were surprised how much better the GU was this time. Last did it 4 years ago. Mooring on the tow path at Camp Hill was fine, shower not so good. Star City has some plastic boat moored in the middle of the pontoon and looks as if it has been there a while. 

I think some cash has been spent on the Catly Barnes to Camp Hill section of the GU.

There are some volunteer groups which have "adopted" this section and do monthly clean-ups and other work. Only know this because we walk the dog along this stretch when not on the boat.

I've moored quite a few times opposite the NIA or what ever it's called these days.  Right outside Symphony Court, i've always found it the quietest urban mooring anywhere with plenty of security so no oiks hanging about.

9 minutes ago, Flyboy said:

I've moored quite a few times opposite the NIA or what ever it's called these days.  Right outside Symphony Court, i've always found it the quietest urban mooring anywhere with plenty of security so no oiks hanging about.

I dunno, last time I was there so was @Dr Bob, and then @tree monkey 2 days later.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, WotEver said:

Depends on traffic but yes, quite possibly. 

Long time since I’ve done it. I moved out of Brum about 35 years ago. 

So around the time the M42/A42 was being built then?   It is much quicker to go the M42, then down the M6 and up the M69.  I don’t think ever in 35 years of living in Solihull have I gone that way and we used to go up the M1 regularly.

Anyway which way has the OP gone by canal?

24 minutes ago, john6767 said:

It is much quicker to go the M42, then down the M6 and up the M69

Only if you want to go in circles ;)

Once you’ve gone up the M69 you can go up the M1 then go back down the M42 again :D

4 minutes ago, WotEver said:

Only if you want to go in circles ;)

Once you’ve gone up the M69 you can go up the M1 then go back down the M42 again :D

That’s what predictive text wants you to do, but then you knew “then” should be “than”.  Makes a good “cruising” ring though.