HMI ISUZU 55 What base engine?

Featured Posts

I have an Isuzu 55Hp engine marinised by HMI. The only indication of its type is on the engine label which indicates type 4L. There are two Isuzu engines the 4LE1 and the 4LE2 which share the same bore and stroke but one is much lighter and smaller than the other(4LE2 is smaller). I can't find any indication of the type on the actual engine. I am looking to pick up an industrial engine complete to keep as an exchange unit should mine fail so I need to know which one is the base engine.

Thanks

13 hours ago, Mike Adams said:

Great! I have found a 4LE1 on ebay which I will try to get.

Thanks again.

No problem.  As I said, I downloaded this a few years back, but after a bit of skiffing around the net, I’ve just found the link again...

https://indigodream.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/hmi-isuzu-manual.pdf

Might be useful to you?

Edited by The Dreamer

Thanks Dreamer.  I thought I had a complete manual but I didn't have that page for some reason that gives the base engine types. I've bought the engine now and it looks as new with 110 hours on it. Always nice to have a spare lump then you are bound not to need it! Going on along cruise this year so it maybe gives a bit of piece of mind as all I need it a bit of solid bank to swap over an engine.