Lister Green

Andy_B

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, RLWP said:

I do like that catchpot

Richard

Thanks Richard, its an old BSA cycle oil can. The fuel lines were purchased from you, bit of a white knuckle job bending them, the old ones looked like a fistfull of eels.

On 07/03/2020 at 15:15, frangar said:

Oooohhh...thats got the duplex fuel filter on the front crankcase door....never seen that before!...not that im sad or anything....and is that a big pulley behind the flywheel?

Yes it is. Someone has fitted it as it isn't original. If I get round to fitting electric start it will have to go as it's in the way.  Nicely done though.

It'll look a little more like an ex-genset with the new heads - could only find ones from a stationary so I have a plate to cover the hole to the water pump.

I quite like the brass rocker covers, but I might not go with TheBiscuit's yellow and black chevrons on the flywheel.  I think it'd upset the dog.

• Haha 1

On 10/03/2020 at 11:19, Andy_B said:

It'll look a little more like an ex-genset with the new heads - could only find ones from a stationary so I have a plate to cover the hole to the water pump.

I quite like the brass rocker covers, but I might not go with TheBiscuit's yellow and black chevrons on the flywheel.  I think it'd upset the dog.

What is different about the heads? I thought they were identical. 

2 minutes ago, BWM said:

What is different about the heads? I thought they were identical. 

I have a plate to cover the hole to the water pump

One of the heads on an industrial has a machined face with four studs and a water outlet. This is the one at the fuel pump end of the engine

I have yet to work out all the core plug variations on JP heads

Richard

Edited by RLWP

1 minute ago, RLWP said:

One of the heads on an industrial has a machined face with four studs and a water outlet. This is the one at the fuel pump end of the engine

I have yet to work out all the core plug variations on JP heads

Richard

JP355.jpg

• Greenie 2