Historic Narrow Boat Club (HNBC) AGM in Whittington Tomorrow is Cancelled.

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

34 minutes ago, sueb said:

Retired police are made of sterner stuff. A coach load of us went to the Royal Albert Hall yesterday. Ages ranged between 70 - 90yrs

In sure you are all coughing a lot better now. 

23 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Yes, according to the BBC nobody dies directly from Covid19, they die from pneumonia, induced by the later stages of Covid19.

I still get the feeling the govt is not telling us something about Covid19. The degree of concern about it does not marry up with the mildness of symptoms the meeja keeps telling us about.

Then a couple of days ago that bloke who was first in the UK to have it was on the radio. He described his illness going through three stages, him seeming to return to good health briefly between each stage. First he said is was indistinguishable from a normal cold, which got better only to return as pretty bad flu', which also got better and then returned as a bout of pneumonia. Once that cleared up he was fine, it was nothing like the meeja and the govt have been telling us.

Yes, it doesn't seem a virulent disease - which is just as well - the real problem is how quickly it spreads around the population. Hospitals can cope with a certain number of people getting dangerously ill with flu every winter because they're spread out across the whole winter. They can't cope if you chuck the same numbers or more at them in a much shorter spell (at the same time as the usual winter illnesses).

Taking steps to reduce the spread of the virus also ultimately means that fewer people will end up getting it because viruses need hosts.

The Spanish Flu of 1918 killed tens of millions around the world, not apparently because it was exceptionally vicious but because it could be caught and spread so easily.

I suppose you could see this one as a dress rehearsal for the day when a much nastier bug happens along.

On that cheerful note I'm off to stock up on a few more hundred toilet rolls ?

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 22:12, alan_fincher said:

1686-01.jpg

It is clearly an "early Hudson", before he developed the style he ended up building.

The only question I have is why on earth did he think the change of approach was a good idea!

Ah but it wasn't broke, t seems, but he apparently still couldn't resist "fixing" it!

Is it because the going rate was for £5 a rivet?

Edited by Ex Brummie
spacing for words

25 minutes ago, Cosmetology said:

And I cleared all of my appointments due to this, what a bummer.

And you joined just to tell us that.

Not many people travel from California for the HNBC AGM, so you must be bitterly disappointed. ?

Either that or you have joined up for purposes other than telling us this, particularly as the date for the AGM has already passed!

• Haha 1