Mastervolt 12/2400-100

Featured Posts

Hello

Just wondering if anyone could help me with my Inverter/Charger? It works on Inverter mode but when I switch it to Battery charger Mode it doesn't to work,

So when I have it powered from 240volt, the battery Charger dosen't work but the moment I switch it back to Inverter mode, it works.

Thank you Jase

Welcome,

UK folks are still abed, but you will get your answer, later.

Did you try search [top right]?

Lots of stuff about chargers not working.

Factory re-set.

Incorrecter switch wiring ....

You are bound to be asked if it has ever worked, and if there have been any changes....

jo

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Reported,  to ask mods to move to boat maintenance or Equipment section

As requested - though it would probably fit into either section, being a technical subject.

Yes actually check that there is mains voltage on the input terminals to the Combi. No, not with your fingers! And is the voltage within the correct range?

When in charger-only mode with power definitely on the inlet terminals, are there any lights on at all / any noise?

On 04/03/2020 at 04:55, Sparkie said:

Hello

Just wondering if anyone could help me with my Inverter/Charger? It works on Inverter mode but when I switch it to Battery charger Mode it doesn't to work,

So when I have it powered from 240volt, the battery Charger dosen't work but the moment I switch it back to Inverter mode, it works.

Thank you Jase

Exactly what my 12/2500-100 did. I diagnosed it to a probable transfer relay fault. Getting further diagnosis beyond there was both expensive and uncertain, the next steps being sending the unit to Mastervolt in the Netherlands for around 400 quid with no guarantee of a fix and additional fees for return of the duff unit. If they can't fix it, they offer a replacement with 25% discount off their full rrp.  Mastervolt make good kit, but there is no technical help on offer beyond return to manufacturer.  The space my Mastervolt once occupied is now the home to a separate Charger and Inverter units, both resplendent in Victron blue! 

A Mastervolt service agent called Keith Meadowcroft (iirc) visits this site now and then and is both knowledgeable and helpful.  The resulting course of action might still be as above but, if its something that's fixable in UK, you might get lucky.