Bewildered at Audlem

Featured Posts

11 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Latest C&RT update has me bewildered.

Audlem 1 lock is closed due to insufficient water supply.

Is this a possibility when the rest of the country is going under water? And its still raining.

TD'

Probably because the pound above has run dry (leaky gates, paddle left open etc.)  Will be sorted in a day or two.

6 hours ago, archie57 said:

Have the residents of Wolverhampton stopped going to the loo...……

I thought that too! I have a heart felt admiration for the folks of Wolverhampton, long may they imbibe.

I forgot about Woodseaves being closed, possibly blocked but there must  be a lot of water going somewhere else if its not to Audlem. 

Various pounds at Audlem have been low or empty over the last week, due, as has been said, to virtually no flow coming down through Adderley, where the canal is still closed until a dam round the repair site can be removed (the dam men might be busy somewhere else with floods?).

So it's pretty academic whether the Audlem flight is open or not.  If going up, you reach Adderley locks - closed, and no winding hole when you get there.  If going down, you can get to Barbridge, where again there's a closure awaiting dam removal, and nowhere to turn.  And Hurleston bottom lock (where at least you can turn) will be closed for the next ten days.

6 minutes ago, Timx said:

Is Barbridge still shut , anyone know when it's due to be reopened ?

C&RT just might, don't bank on it, they are having a really bad time trying to keep up.  So its these damn dams then?

A quick update on local stoppages.
Barbridge is now open if you want to get out and do some boating. However, Adderley will be closed until the 6th March and Hurleston bottom lock remains closed until the 27th March ?

• Happy 1