Buying Season

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, Dr Bob said:

We accepted an offer on our boat 3 days after it went on on the market (last week) - first couple to view it - so it must have been  priced right.

A boat has to be the safest place to be at the moment.

Did you do it yourself?

15 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

You need an independent survey IN YOUR NAME.

Have you actually bought it yet ?

If the broker commissioned the survey your risk is not reduced - particularly if it is a Broker near Northampton, where boats have been known to sink after getting a good survey.

I TOTALLY agree - esp if its the broker referred to - ASK who actually owns the boat.

Keep your surveyor relationship completely separate and pay them...………..

Edited by Halsey

12 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

I reckon boat sales are going to go through the floor with this cold virus scare?

Why?? - surely a boat has to be the best isolation available to any of us ...………………………………...no planes, no travel and no borders to cross...……….. 

1 minute ago, Halsey said:

Why?? - surely a boat has to be the best isolation available to any of us ...………………………………...no planes, no travel and no borders to cross...……….. 

Yeah but peeps worry about their money before their lives and some people borrow to buy boats and may not risk it in present conditions??

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Halsey said:

I TOTALLY agree - esp if its the broker referred to - ASK who actually owns the boat.

Keep your surveyor relationship completely separate and pay them...………..

To be clear.  A hull survey was done by the broker, but I have not purchased anything on the strength of that.  It merely gave me the confidence to proceed with my own enquiries on a boat that had not been out of the water for a few years.  I have comissioned a full survey of my own.

• Greenie 1

50 minutes ago, The Gravy Boater said:

To be clear.  A hull survey was done by the broker, but I have not purchased anything on the strength of that.  It merely gave me the confidence to proceed with my own enquiries on a boat that had not been out of the water for a few years.  I have comissioned a full survey of my own.

That seems to be a little different to your prevuious post :

Nope... deposit and offer subject to internal survey.  Remedial work is being done at the seller's expense based on what came out of the hull survey.  Hull is fine, it was a weed hatch and prop issue.  Same surveyer will be checking the work done.

There is a heck of a difference between an 'internal survey' and a 'full survey'

The SELLERS survey says the hull is 'fine'.

The SELLERS surveyor is going to check the work has been done.

Hmmmmmm …………..

You have a lot to learn young Grasshopper.

11 minutes ago, Alan de Enfield said:

That seems to be a little different to your prevuious post :

Nope... deposit and offer subject to internal survey.  Remedial work is being done at the seller's expense based on what came out of the hull survey.  Hull is fine, it was a weed hatch and prop issue.  Same surveyer will be checking the work done.

There is a heck of a difference between an 'internal survey' and a 'full survey'

The SELLERS survey says the hull is 'fine'.

The SELLERS surveyor is going to check the work has been done.

Hmmmmmm …………..

You have a lot to learn young Grasshopper.

I have a full survey in my name.  If the prop falls off I'll send you the pics.